Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

attention MACE...not seeing any difference in your product

glenny1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ v6 Executive alloytech 04
hi all,had the cai since july and ant seen any difference and i have a slugish acceleration since iv put it on was thinking of going back to stock and putting k & n panel in instead just want some opinions why!

MACE

Reaction score
You may have been sent off a longer steel intake pipe by mistake. The alloytec CAI kits run the same diameter pipe as they earlier kits except half as long. The tube should be around 50mm long. Let us know if this the case and we'll send you out another one ASAP

Kindest Regards,
Steve

glenny1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
hi steve thanks for getting back,i dont follow what u mean about some sort of pipe? how does this effect my improvement

MACE

Reaction score
There is a steel pipe that joins the rubber hose and pod filter together. If this pipe is too long it will intrude into the inlet tract hurting airflow, thus performance.

On this airbox note we've had a customer swap a popular cai kit on his VZ which was more then double the price of ours, with our own. The end result was an increase in performance :) What I'm getting at is that I know these kits work well based on my own findings and the feedback other people have given us over the years, however In your case I'm 99% you've been supplied a longer pipe for the job, assuming the car is in good working order.

Cheers
Steve

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
gleny1998 - what makes you think that the CAI is the cause of your sluggish acceleration? when was the last time you did plugs & leads? have you reset the ECU since putting the CAI on? all VERY important.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Also have you recently cleaned you K&N filter?

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
I too was not noticing a difference with my home made cold air ( swear it works just as well. Seeing sub 30 deg intake temps. ) I reset my ECU... and holy crap was there a difference !
whether this is an actual gauge or not, My scan gauge showed I was getting 187 KW compared to it showing 172 - 175 normally under WOT at 6000 RPM.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I highly doubt its the mace product causing this, id be checking ur leads, plugs, maybe even a blocked cat, or could even be a bad batch of fuel as others have said too reset ur ecu

glenny1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok, iv had major tune since noticing this fuel filter been changed notice a small difference in improvement but still occuring,leads well Coil packs are fine,injectors are clean,throttle body ant sticking plugs are brand new so dunno how much i can narrow it more down to,wasnt saying cai was **** and isnt working was just trying to cancel out the possibilties thats all im stumped had mechanic go over and over and still nothing much is fixing it and i do have the WRONG pipe for the pod if thats not a problem could u resend if possible steve please :)
kind regards
Glenn

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Steve's cool like this, if he accidentally sends the wrong thing or forget something, he will run himself ragged to fix it, so if he doesn't see this by mid-ish tomorrow just give him a call and explain this thread.

But when you get the right pipe, reset the ECU.