Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

attention MACE...not seeing any difference in your product

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
Yeah, with every car I've owned I've been told to reset the ecu after mods. It's never made any noticible difference.

That's why a proper tune should be done eg efilive or hp tuner to get better results from a cai mod

Someone correct me if wrong or not

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
You don't need to reset the ecu as the ecus are self learning. Also on a VZ the rev it over 3 grand thing is not relevant. IAC will learn second by second so revving over whatever is just pointless. VP and earlier had a different ecu so yes the rev thing can relearn the IAC default position but any later models???? Well NO

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Not to mention the earlier cars are not self learning. I'm pretty sure the ecotec ecu didn't have it.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i love reading this i reset my ecu and gained 500kws **** makes me laugh guys WOT is based off pre set maps no ifs buts or maybes.

also don't waste your time reving your car to 3k rpm for 10 second to reset IAC as alloytecs don't have IAC they are electronic throttle body so the ecu just opens the throttle as required for idle.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Not to mention the earlier cars are not self learning. I'm pretty sure the ecotec ecu didn't have it.

I'm a lot surer than you lol. My mate owns thw kalmaker software and tunes my car for me with me beside him. Self learn is referred to as either "Long term fuel trim"/ "Block learn mode", or as some call it "Self learn mode". The ecu/ pcm has a seriously complex and integrated set of tables amongst the hundreds and hundreds of tables it uses to cross reference info over longer term periods of time to work out how efficiently it's preset values are doing their job. Any deficiencies are picked up and recalculated and executed by the block learn mode.

A little more complex than "hold it at 3000rpm for a minute crap" and much much more effective.

To the O.P. I've seen the cai in person that you have and they are no slouch. If you have a seriously reduced performance and the install is definately correct, another diagnosis tool may be to refit your stock system and compare performance to the mace cai back to back

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah your right sorry I misread which car OP had.

Last edited:

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Mate, just about every efi car has IAC. It doesn't just operate at idle.

Anyway, point is that the delco ecu/pcm from day dot (Camiras were one of the 1st to utilise delcos in Aus) are learning ecus. Reset or not, they will work it out