Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussie possibly to be charged over deaths

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Aussie drag racer 'not to blame' - General - News - smh.com.au

just saw that and 60 minutes and it really makes me ****ed off

The professinal drag racer and his car was invited to an charity event to proform a burnout on a closed road
apparnetly the police were incharge of the orgernisation and safty of the event.
even the fire department was there to water down the track for the car to do a burnout.

the car proceded to do the burnout when unexpectedly one wheel gripped lunching it into the crowd and killing 6 people and injurying many.

if you look at the videos you can clearly see the only thing between the crowd and the car was a standerd guard rail, to make it even worse the crowd was standing right on the railing

now they are looking at charging him with murder and being sent to jail for life
because of the incompitence of the police and orgernisation skills

anyone else have an opinion on this???

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Old news, but it is a serious joke. The only people that should be blamed are the councils that allowed this clearly unsafe event to take place.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
no so much the council its more so the police whom where running the event

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
How can he even be charged with 6 counts of murder and 22 counts of agrovated asault?

Personally, I don't think he'll be convicted... He was invited to dod what he did. All motorsport is inherantly dangerous and there wsa no intent. There were no safety barriers either!

What were the organisers thinking?

The Police and Fire Brigade set it up for him to be able to do it....

Stupid Americans!

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Aussie drag racer 'not to blame' - General - News - smh.com.au

just saw that and 60 minutes and it really makes me ****ed off

The professinal drag racer and his car was invited to an charity event to proform a burnout on a closed road
apparnetly the police were incharge of the orgernisation and safty of the event.
even the fire department was there to water down the track for the car to do a burnout.

the car proceded to do the burnout when unexpectedly one wheel gripped lunching it into the crowd and killing 6 people and injurying many.

if you look at the videos you can clearly see the only thing between the crowd and the car was a standerd guard rail, to make it even worse the crowd was standing right on the railing

now they are looking at charging him with murder and being sent to jail for life
because of the incompitence of the police and orgernisation skills

anyone else have an opinion on this???

Tennessee district attorney-general Mike Dunavant did not rule out
Critchley being charged.

"I'm not taking a stance on criminal charges," Dunavant told reporters at a press conference.
"There won't be a determination until all the facts are in."

"Troy Critchley was not arrested nor has he been given any indication
he will be charged with a criminal offence," the AMS statement continued.

The State of Tennessee is currently investigating a number of factors
that may have contributed to the accident, including crowd control, safety
precautions and the preparation and condition of the roadway."

TWOJZ

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shagon ;)
if the mother wants to hold the driver responsible, then the mother is just as responsible for taking her kids to the event!

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Poor bloke.... Imagine to guilt he would be feeling right now and having to go through this **** at the same time.

Hope he gets "let off" I cant see why or where he has done anything wrong, he didnt break any laws...

if the mother wants to hold the driver responsible, then the mother is just as responsible for taking her kids to the event!

When loosing a loved one you always try your hardest to find someone to blame. Cant imagine the anger you would hold, even if it were an accident, she lost 2 kids, shes gotta blame someone.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The State of Tennessee is currently investigating a number of factors that may have contributed to the accident, including crowd control, safety precautions and the preparation and condition of the roadway."

All much more of a factor than the driver... Americans need to wake up to themselves.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
you could tell on his face he was feeling it poor bloke its no diffrent to a wheel coming of a f1 car and killing someone in the crowd realy

TWOJZ

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shagon ;)
When loosing a loved one you always try your hardest to find someone to blame. Cant imagine the anger you would hold, even if it were an accident, she lost 2 kids, shes gotta blame someone.

and she should be blaming herself just as much as she is blaming anyone else.