Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian Governments Cash Ban

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
That is farked up, next you wont be able to walk with cash in your pocket.
Yeah, welcome to the new fascist police state, called ....Australia

NSW is now also rolling out high definition CCTV cameras using artificial intelligence (ie: facial recognition technology) to spot drivers using mobile phones....imagine what else they can use these cameras for, hmmm...general surveillance of citizens perhaps??
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09...ion-cameras-rolling-out-nsw-december/11536664

Darwin city has already installed HD CCTV cameras with facial recognition technology, similar to what China has implemented for their surveillance state social credit system.
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/nt/2019/08/19/darwin-council-facial-recognition/

In the last 12 months my regional city in Queensland has doubled the number of HD CCTV cameras, they are just popping up everywhere, even out in the suburbs, not just the CBD.

But wait, there's more.....militarisation of our police force..
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09...-of-police-why-experts-are-concerned/11517266

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Soon you'll have to set up a Pty Ltd company down under and another LLC in some overseas tax jurisdiction simply to privately be able to buy a pack of smokes o_O

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
lololol you blokes.
*chuckle*

extract from 1985VK's link:
Drivers go to extraordinary lengths (yeah right) to pick up loose coins they notice, sometimes even while the car is in motion,” says Inspector Paul Markson. “Loose coins within cars are a safety hazard.”
“We estimate there’s currently around $4 million worth of loose change in NSW vehicles.”

...and this time they actually admit it is good for 'revenue raising'
I mean come on!....random roadside 'coin testing' by police... for loose change.
It's getting beyond ridiculous...an excuse for more government sanctioned theft from citizens.
It's bulls.h.i.t
I wonder if they'll soon make it illegal to scratch ya balls while driving, if ya got itchy nuts, you might go to extraordinary lengths for a quick scratch, definite safety hazard !!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
*chuckle*

extract from 1985VK's link:
Drivers go to extraordinary lengths (yeah right) to pick up loose coins they notice, sometimes even while the car is in motion,” says Inspector Paul Markson. “Loose coins within cars are a safety hazard.”
“We estimate there’s currently around $4 million worth of loose change in NSW vehicles.”

...and this time they actually admit it is good for 'revenue raising'
I mean come on!....random roadside 'coin testing' by police... for loose change.
It's getting beyond ridiculous...an excuse for more government sanctioned theft from citizens.
It's bulls.h.i.t
I wonder if they'll soon make it illegal to scratch ya balls while driving, if ya got itchy nuts, you might go to extraordinary lengths for a quick scratch, definite safety hazard !!

You do realise that site that @1985VK linked is a p!ss take website yes ?

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
You do realise that site that @1985VK linked is a p!ss take website yes ?
I do now, should have scrolled to the bottom of page...lol...here's my submission for their next issue.
(For what it's worth, the links/info I posted was legit and worthy of consideration)

POLICE OFFICER:
Good afternoon sir, I noticed while you were driving, you appeared to be scratching your testicles. Are you aware it is illegal to scratch your testicles while driving?
RANDOM DRIVER:
No, officer, I was not aware of this new law.
POLICE OFFICER:
Scratching your testicles while driving is a serious safety hazard, due to my obligations I will have to confiscate your testicles, issue a $100 fine and 2 demerit points.
RANDOM DRIVER:
But officer, my nuts were really itchy, and very distracting, I feared crashing my vehicle if I didn't scratch my itchy nuts!!!
POLICE OFFICER:
Sorry sir, but its the LAW, we have zero tolerance regarding testicle scratching while driving.
In future, I suggest you pull the vehicle over to a safe location, place vehicle in PARK, apply the handbrake, then scratch your testicles.
When you have completed this task, you may then proceed on your journey.
*passes infringement notice to driver*
RANDOM DRIVER:
*mumble, grumble*
Officer, my wife won't be happy, can I apply to have my testicles returned?
POLICE OFFICER:
You have 6 months to apply for return of your testicles from date of infringement notice, if you fail to do so, your testicles may be auctioned off at the bi-annual Policeman's Ball.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition