Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian laws are ####ed compared to america

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i used to think american gun laws were better but they arent really. the only problem (if you can call it that) is that because of the how the guns have to be stored in australia they are essentially useless for self defence. although if you were really worried you'd put up with the hassle of getting the gun out everytime although youd probably go to jail once you shot someone trying to steal your car

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
If it so so easy, go buy yourself an SR98, an F88 and M60 for kicks. Let me know when you are ready to post images.

I know i can get aks for about 2 grand a pop an do you remember the convo we had about the m82 an i thought you were talking about the barrett but you were talking about the parker. well the reason i thought you were talking about the the barrett is because my mate has one 50 cal FTW. btw even if i did get these i wouldnt go post pics of myself with them thats just stupid.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Aren't a lot of the US gunshot victims shot with their own guns as well ?

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
No not a load of crock, we are all forgetting that Australia didn't have a gun problem in the first place. Introducing gun laws into Australia actually increased Gun Crime and the black market, which also turned a lot of innocent people into criminals because they forgot they had a few bullets laying around in their back shed or didn't realise their Grand Father's rifle was hiding in their storage.
USA have had major gun crime laws for a long time, I can gurrantee you if they were to introduce Australia's gun laws, it won't do jack for the same reason. If you are going to use a firearm to do something bad as if you are going to go and get a license to do so. Geez I am going to shoot someone with my firearm that has it's serial number registered on a national database to my name, including where I bought the firearm from, which ammo I bought, etc. I don't think so.
Cananda were going to introduce firearm laws and looked at doing similar to Australia, until they realised that our statistics of firearms crime actually increased after our laws were introduced :rofl2: I wonder why?
Firearm laws only stop the good people not the bad and also turn a few good into bad innocently. It's not hard for someone who has been born and bred with firearms not know it's illegal to have a firearm stashed in their cupboard or stored in the roof and not think twice that it should be locked up. I used to collect live bullets when I was a kid, could you imagine that now in this day and age, everyone would be like oh my god, we need to report my parents to the authorities how can they let their 8 year old kid play with bullets? The police would come in, arrest my parents (Dad) and geez he would be the baddest person around.
Second thought though, if you were to hand a kid bullets who didn't know what bullets were, then that would be a different story. I bet you people won't see that side as our younger generation have been brought up to think that guns are bad, as a firearm can magically kill someone by itself?
As the saying goes, guns don't kill people, it's people that kill people.

End of the day, I suppose it's a good thing that the average robber in Australia know that the houses they break into are gunless as they won't need to use guns themselves, unlike America a lot of the introduders are armed as well. It's really hard to say if it is good to self defend yourself or not using a firearm.
50 / 50 really. You either arm yourself and hope you can out shoot the introduders or not arm yourself and the introduders will just be armed with a knife or no arms at all or if they do have a gun they won't shoot you.
I wouldn't shoot an intruder or a person stealing my car, but if they were to be a threat to myself or my family then I certainly would. It's either you or them? I am sure anyone would do anything to protect their family.

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
If america is so great...your welcome to go live there.!!!
This is a great country and youll still be a hell of a lot safer here than over there

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I am not saying America is great just stating the differences.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I reckon gun control laws are good and bad depending on where and when you enforce them. Here, we don't need to relax them as the 'weapon-of-choice' in a drunken fight is a smashed schooner, so we don't get all that many gunshot related injuries/attacks etc. In the USA where everyone and their mums carry a handgun at least, introducing gun control laws would deter only the people who care about the laws; the ones who aren't going to intentionally go out looking for trouble with a gun under their jacket. All the law abiding citizens would be without guns, all the dodgy bastards would hold onto theirs. Wouldn't help anybody there. Now, had it always been the case that they were heavily restricted, it would be a relatively more level playing field.

Really though, there's so many guns in any part of the world, legally or illegally, so you'll never fix the problem of gun violence. It's a fact of life (and death) now.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Now lets make it opposite.

PENSACOLA, Florida (WALA) - Three robbers armed with a pistols forced their way into the wrong house Saturday night in north Pensacola. The 72-year-old homeowner went down without a fight, being shot 3 times in the head then shooting his sister in the head.

having worked with guns for quite a while, I'd rather not allow anyone access to them thanks.

wow, its not often i agree with you, but couldnt have said that better myself.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Quote from an American in 2001:

If you combine the populations of Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Australia, you'll get a population roughly the size of the United States. We had 32,000 gun deaths last year, they had 112. Do you think it's because Americans are more homicidal by nature? Or do you think it's because those guys have gun control laws?

nuff said!

His stats are way out. There were over 3 times that in Australia alone.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
No not a load of crock, we are all forgetting that Australia didn't have a gun problem in the first place. Introducing gun laws into Australia actually increased Gun Crime and the black market, which also turned a lot of innocent people into criminals because they forgot they had a few bullets laying around in their back shed or didn't realise their Grand Father's rifle was hiding in their storage.

ORLY - care to back that up with some evidence??? Fact: In the 18 years before the Pt Arthur Masacer there were 13 mass shootings in Australia. Since then there have been 0. Zip, nill, nada!
Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

USA have had major gun crime laws for a long time, I can gurrantee you if they were to introduce Australia's gun laws, it won't do jack for the same reason. If you are going to use a firearm to do something bad as if you are going to go and get a license to do so. Geez I am going to shoot someone with my firearm that has it's serial number registered on a national database to my name, including where I bought the firearm from, which ammo I bought, etc. I don't think so.
Cananda were going to introduce firearm laws and looked at doing similar to Australia, until they realised that our statistics of firearms crime actually increased after our laws were introduced :rofl2: I wonder why?

Once again - care to show some objective evidence??? From the website quoted above:

The number of guns stolen has fallen dramatically from an average 4,195 per year from 1994-2000 to 1,526 in 2006–2007

As the saying goes, guns don't kill people, it's people that kill people.

Yet billions of examples world wide show that people can't be trusted not to eat themselves to death so clearly firearms are beyond the vast majority of the population.

Reaper