Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian laws are ####ed compared to america

Matty.b

VR with 56,000kms genuine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Why should thieves or anyone who threatens you or your loved ones lives (without justified reason) have ANY rights ? As far as I'm concerned they lose all their rights the moment they decide to violate your rights.

exactly mate good point /thread :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
im not saying i believe we are to be invaded, you can choose to over look the facts if you wish but please provide you own research stating the opposite of differing point of view, its easy to critisize but harder to back it up

I cited several references above. On the other hand I'm yet to find any argument put forward from yourself that is even mildly relevant to Australia.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
works with Switzerland why do you think nobody is game to attack them

What a ridiculous assertion. Do you really believe that the "fact" that the Swiss have the right to bear arms is the reason they have not been invaded?

Even Hitler didn't bother over-running Switzerland during the war, despite taking over the vast majority of Europe. It had nothing to do with the fact that the Swiss may have been armed - it was more likely (and still is, I suspect) the fact that Switzerland is of absolutely no strategic value to any invader.

Pick a better example to support your argument, for Pete's sake.

Matty.b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
its not just that they have the right to bear arms but the government arms them
i got this off the net for you

"The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20 in the Rekrutenschule (German for "recruit school"), the initial boot camp, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home with a specified personal retention quantity of government-issued personal ammunition (50 rounds 5.56 mm / 48 rounds 9mm), which is sealed and inspected regularly to ensure that no unauthorized use takes place.[3] The ammunition are intended for use while traveling to the army barracks in case of invasion.

When their period of service has ended, militiamen have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. In this case of retention, the rifle is sent to the weapons factory where the fully automatic function is removed; the rifle is then returned to the discharged owner. The rifle is then a semi-automatic or self-loading rifle."

Matty.b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
i also talking to my mate last night who is a Legal arms importer/dealer, he was Talking to his local member....Mr Kevin Rudd about pretty much what weve been talking about here are some things he said my mate could quote him on "the Government has no plans for dis-armaments or fire-arms seizures" so i guess i have nothing to worry about for the time being

apparently Mr Kevin Rudd was an Avid shooter when he was younger and is very supportive of legal gun ownership
the current labor government recognizes the legitimacy of legal shooters and there rights and and pretty much follow the path set by Mr Rudd.

so i guess the debate can move onto the laws maybe?

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
i remember a story a while ago in america when someone was trying to break into a house, fell through the sky light on the roof and landed on a knife on the kitchen bench. He sued the homeowners and won.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
i remember a story a while ago in america when someone was trying to break into a house, fell through the sky light on the roof and landed on a knife on the kitchen bench. He sued the homeowners and won.

liarliarjimcarrey101451.jpg

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Yeah - that example was from the movie "Liar Liar"...I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened though.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
i also talking to my mate last night who is a Legal arms importer/dealer, he was Talking to his local member....Mr Kevin Rudd about pretty much what weve been talking about here are some things he said my mate could quote him on "the Government has no plans for dis-armaments or fire-arms seizures" so i guess i have nothing to worry about for the time being

apparently Mr Kevin Rudd was an Avid shooter when he was younger and is very supportive of legal gun ownership
the current labor government recognizes the legitimacy of legal shooters and there rights and and pretty much follow the path set by Mr Rudd.

so i guess the debate can move onto the laws maybe?

Seems you are wanting to debate a point no one has brought up? The topic here was about our rights/gun laws compared to America? I dont think there was any mention of changing our gun laws, most, I gather are happy the way they are.

I dont understand your concerns either, if you have registered non semi/automatic weapons kept stored to the required standards then what do you have to be concerned about?

Matty.b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
it was bought up by people saying fire-arms should not be allowed, i was stating my beliefs why they should be

also (in QLD anyway) if you have the appropriate license you can have Auto/Semi-Auto self loading rifles/shotguns (thats not an argument point im just stating a fact) :)