Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian mum faces jail over bar mat 'theft'

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
seems like there more to the story... even for thailand, 5 years for a barmat is extreme

Kevin Paisley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jalpa tt
You'll probably find out she went off at the cops about the archaic rules/penalties etc etc, something they are sick of hearing from westerners. Just proving a point - they will let her sweat it out then send her home. Bet she will stick to the local from now on lol.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
im going to bali at the end of the year with 8 mates and so scared that either myself or a mate will do something stupid like this.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
You'll be right, just don't steal a barmat.

Kevin Paisley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jalpa tt
Make sure none of your mates slip anything into your handbag when you're wasted!!

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
mate my handbag never leaves my side. haha nah all seriousness, damn foreign countries why can't you just except retards for what they are and give them a slap on the wrist like in australia.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think this is how Australia needs to make their laws, we are far to lenient. Where does it stop, if your willing to knock off property from an establishment your willing to steal anything. Theft is theft, plain and simple.

Even the owner stated in an interview that normally they would catch the person and them return the property, this woman chose to run.

Imagine if this was the sort of punishment we would see here, along with similar jails where you do not get rewarded for being a crim, it would be a much better place.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Bit ridiculous I reckon, but she was silly to run away from them and abuse them. And the penalty is a bit extreme as well.

Don't understand why anyone would want to go to thailand though. I certainly don't want to.

And if they have a vendetta or something against australians, then we should ALL stop going there. Full stop. Then see how they feel when they aren't raking in money from our tourists etc.

And also I might add - She is a mother of four young children, yet she still went for a holiday with just her friends overseas. Says a lot for her dosn't it.

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
What would have happened if it was an NRL player who stole the mat ??????????????

Kevin Paisley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jalpa tt
He would have stuck it in the strippers handbag!