Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto to manual change

Bully93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute and VN Commodore
How much would it cost to change my VY SS from auto to manual??

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
just got quoted last week $7500 all new parts drive in drive out

blow thru

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2 SS
How much would it cost to change my VY SS from auto to manual??

I did mine vy ss about 3 mths ago and i bought a conversion for $2300 when it arrived here the clutch was f#kd so had to replace that and buy few bits and peices.Conversions from the wreckers that i priced seemed to want 2400-2700 and then you would want to put a new clutch and slave cyl in,i did all the labour and installed it myself so huge saving there.Never have i done a clutch before and was pretty basic job.The wiring did take some time to work out as i used the auto harness.$3-4K no more if you do it yourself and plenty of good writeups on Ls1

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
From what i've seen on the forums, anywhere between $2000 for a cheap conversion to $4000 for top quality. Could be wrong though.

Who says paying more gets you better quality. It's either a shotty job or a good job. No matter the price.
I'm converting my VS to manual at the moment. cost so far is around $700 minus 200 for the auto which I sold. But that has included 2 gearboxes 1 of which will be resold after I rebuild it. Used the best of the 2 to make 1. Only thing wrong with the second was rusty pits in the cluster gear due to it having had a bath in a flood. Will replace that and go over the rest then sell it or do a convert for someone else. Auto loom is easy but you have to do it right.

Dont forget to use the right oil for the geabox when done. Many people do that wrong and wonder why the gearbox is hard to change gears and even popping out of gear. They don't like gear oil at all.

gach2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim
damn jz sell yours and buy a manual
7500!!!!!!!

i didnt even get that much for manual vy when i sold it last year