Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto to manual

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
My VR's conversion is nearly done. Has cost me just over $1000, with a reco box, brand new Heavy Duty clutch, custom lightened flywheel, new unis in the tailshaft.

Converting them is really hard, as VR manuals are hens teeth. My box was from a VP, and I had to have everything else custom made.

D

Demerit king

re: the speed sensor, I just put a vp calais box in my SII vs v8, it just plugged straight in ,no probs

MBS206

Reaction score
deathsminion said:
My VR's conversion is nearly done. Has cost me just over $1000, with a reco box, brand new Heavy Duty clutch, custom lightened flywheel, new unis in the tailshaft.

Converting them is really hard, as VR manuals are hens teeth. My box was from a VP, and I had to have everything else custom made.
What parts did you have custom made?

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5 Speed Wagon & VS Auto Wagon & 98 VS Statesman
I have just about completed converting my Vr V6 Wagon from auto to manual, the kit that i got was from a VN series 1 sedan, i havent really had to many problems, i had to change the flywheel to a 8 bolt which is from VN series 2 or later, the manual starter was in the kit, it had a clutch cable rather then hydraulic which is fine, the tailshaft i simply split and used the front of the manual tailshaft from the sedan and the rear section from the auto wagon and it fits just great, i am now upto doing the speedo which is a bit fiddly but ya get that, i am still using the auto harness just had a chip reprogrammed to change it over, the crossmember fitted ok no probs, the engine pipes tend to just touch the bellhousing but nothing a little bit of heat won't fix. It's got heaps more grunt now, i also fitted a high volume air intake and the chip is now 155 kw

Mafo81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5 speed manual
hey, i am very new to this site...
i just recently converterd my vs commodore to a manual. i used a vn t5, all fitted perfect, just had to change the flywheel as the vn ran a 6 bolt and anything after that ran an 8. i brought the box with half the conversion for $600 on ebay, but had to spend a bit more buying a new flywheel etc, but sold the parts i didnt need back on ebay to make some off it back. the only thing i havent done is change the auto wiring loom, i have put in a vs manual computer that i picked up cheap and that auto wiring loom plugs straight into that, but i have been quoted very expensive amounts for the loom. my problem is the speed sensor on the auto that was in my car was a 2 wire one, so off course so is my wiring auto loom. the manual t5 boxs have a 3 wire speed sensor in a different spot which is different. i need to know what the 3rd wire does and if thier is anyway off wiring it so i can have my spedo back as i havent had one in a few months.

any questions about the conversion dont hesitate to ask as i did all the labour my self so know the thing back to front, my only prob is not having a spedo and working out how to do it as i only have 2 wires on my loom, and the manual has 3

hope someone can help.
Cheers, jason

kirks_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
A doner car would be best bet, im about to get one off a mate for my own conversion. He has a VS series 1 with a T5 5 speed. Body is rusted and suspension has had it, so he said i could have it all for a gran. Engine and gearbox are fine, it has just been sitting outside for years to rust. Personally i wouldnt get a box with a hydralic clutch as fitting the lines would not be fun.

Look for a doner car if u can

Mafo81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5 speed manual
yeah defently dont bother, cable clutch is so easy to install and pratical