Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto transmission no gears!

laura

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais
Hi, Can anyone help me out with what could be possibly wrong with my vy calais auto transmission please. I was driving along and all of a sudden it started making a windy noise than all of a sudden there was no gears, it just started revving like I was in neutral. I left it on the side of road & came back to it. Started it up & it drove only until the car heated up and no gears again. Is my gearbox gone? Also it's got about 330000km & never had a gearbox servic:bomb:e and yes there is fluid in it. Thank you
Laura :)

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Does the fluid look brownish red and smell like burnt toast?

PJDM1980

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Hi, Can anyone help me out with what could be possibly wrong with my vy calais auto transmission please. I was driving along and all of a sudden it started making a windy noise than all of a sudden there was no gears, it just started revving like I was in neutral. I left it on the side of road & came back to it. Started it up & it drove only until the car heated up and no gears again. Is my gearbox gone? Also it's got about 330000km & never had a gearbox servic:bomb:e and yes there is fluid in it. Thank you
Laura :)

Laura,

I'd put my money on a blown transmisson. Best get it towed to the local mechanic and see what they find :)

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Is say its shagged if its got that many Ks and never been serviced. Like above said get it to a auto shop and get them to service it or find out what's gone wrong in it

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Did the happen outside Monash uni last week by any chance?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

laura

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais
Did the happen outside Monash uni last week by any chance?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Monash uni? Is that Canberra? I've only just moved here. Iif it was a blue vy than yes.

laura

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais
It smells like burnt toast and oil is a reddish brown. I'll get it towed to a mechanic :( but why does it still go into gear when it's cold or just started up? Thank you so much for the answers. Maybe it's time I bought a new car and look after it. Lol

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
oil is thicker when cold, thinner when hotter.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
They will flush the oil and put new filter in it and service it and it will be like new..