Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto vs manual debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
can she rev match? heel toe? use the right gear at the right time? shift fast?
its more than just a pedal and a stick. autos are for drag racing and heavy traffic. manuals are for everything else

I'll ask her when I see her, she's at the illegal street drags tonight.:yeah:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
lol, i daily drive with a HD clutch. If SA ever gets a drag strip i'll race it manual too. So i have to disagree.

Although i view things differently to most. The people who say i ran a 10 in full street trim, and had slicks, and a half stripped interior are just amusement for me :) Full street trim is how you drive it to work.

haha ill clarify. autos are good for drag racing and heavy traffic. manuals are good for everything, including drag racing and traffic

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
We'll leave it there then, when you spend time with serious strip cars, you'll have a different opinion that xx:xx doesn't mean **** without swapping gears. getting to the other end in one piece is an art!

lol its not that hard to slot the car into gear in a manual anyways. first too second is easy enough, and with a ripshifter hitting third isnt all the hard either. the reason serious racers drive auto is simply because its faster.

Once again, your both talking about strip cars. I'm not arguing that Manuals are faster in a drag racing scenario. I'm saying in my opinion, only manual times count. Some people like auto, good for them.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha ill clarify. autos are good for drag racing and heavy traffic. manuals are good for everything, including drag racing and traffic

or is that, drag racing in traffic?:p:whistling

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manuals are good in small Displacement, Turbo cars.
Because they're too gutless to spin an auto and still be entertaining.
Boot a decent V8 in the arse, and keep it in a straight line as it bangs into 3rd. Puts a nice smile on your face I can tell you :D

Really? sideways through 4th is quite entertaining aswell ;)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
It helps that the 4th gear ratio in a manual is probably fairly close to that of 3rd, in a 4spd auto ;)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
It helps that the 4th gear ratio in a manual is probably fairly close to that of 3rd, in a 4spd auto ;)

I'm well aware of the ratios in both auto and manual commodore boxes ;)
Doesn't matter which was you look at it, one will always be missing a pedal.;)

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
lol, i daily drive with a HD clutch. If SA ever gets a drag strip i'll race it manual too. So i have to disagree.

Although i view things differently to most. The people who say i ran a 10 in full street trim, and had slicks, and a half stripped interior are just amusement for me :) Full street trim is how you drive it to work.

im sure u do drive it daily, but have u ever driven a big cammed car with a manual? unless the person that tuned the car is rediculiously good its a pain in the ass. anyone can drive a tame car daily, its a piece of piss, my mate drives his little nissan pulsar manual in traffic every day and he doesnt complain. and mate a 10 is a 10. there are not too man cars in the world that can run a ten on street rubber (if any), what ammuses me is the bloke laughing at people who go out and run these times when hes never even seen a drag strip.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I like manual because I drive one. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.