Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Window Wipers won't activate

SteveLaue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
I have a VF2 SSV Redline which is supposed to have auto wipers. I've driven through quite a bit of rain lately with no activation of the wipers. The owner's manual doesn't give any clear instructions on how to activate this feature. Is it always on or is there a special setting to activate it? I leave the INT setting on the first setting.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
What makes you think it has auto wipers?

I know my series 1 has not such feature.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I have a VF2 SSV Redline which is supposed to have auto wipers. I've driven through quite a bit of rain lately with no activation of the wipers. The owner's manual doesn't give any clear instructions on how to activate this feature. Is it always on or is there a special setting to activate it? I leave the INT setting on the first setting.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-to-turn-rain-sensing-wipers-on-calais-v.263759/

the ssv redline should have rain sensing wipers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

It's busted if it doesn't; our MY14 does, it was standard from VF's release AFAIK!
My only real complaint is that the sensor is in the windcreen, so when you're slowly-slowly backing into your garage trying to line-up your stopping-point via the reversing-camera which copes really poorly with rain, the rear wiper keeps a-wiping until you get the windscreen under cover.

The manual sucks & the icons on the wiper-stalk suck, as per stooge's post it's just the intermittent setting (I think you can use a menu in MyLink somewhere to disable the auto wiper though, can't you? And just use standard old intermittent?).

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My Series 2 Redline has them.

I have the lever at the INT setting and the sensitivity collar turned to the second mark and when it rains you can then adjust them to suit from there.

Up to down with the lever goes from WASHER (top and push and hold) - OFF - INT (intermittent) - LO (speed) - HI (speed) (bottom) and the sensitivity collar can be rotated up and down and has 4 or 5 settings of adjustment.

Last edited:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
It's busted if it doesn't; our MY14 does, it was standard from VF's release AFAIK!
My only real complaint is that the sensor is in the windcreen,

What???
Where is this sensor you speak of if it was 'standard on VFs from release'??

I cannot see any such rain sensor (nor any rain here in the buff country...). As far as I can tell there is no auto-rain sensing wiper facility on the VF (Series II Sportwagon, LFX) at least not in the same vein as you would find on e.g. a VW Golf where it has the sensor quite obvious as part of the rear vision mirror assembly. Otherwise, I'm fascinated, and want to know more.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What???
Where is this sensor you speak of if it was 'standard on VFs from release'??
Sorry, the guy I was responding to has a Redline, same as me; I was responding in context of his car. Apologies that it appears otherwise. :)

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I have the lever at the INT setting and the sensitivity collar turned to the second mark and when it rains you can then adjust them to suit from there.
What panhead said.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Sorry, the guy I was responding to has a Redline, same as me; I was responding in context of his car. Apologies that it appears otherwise. :)

No worries, all good!