Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Automatic transmission shift program

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
Is there a difference in shift programming betweenMY16 and MY17 auto VFII's? If anyone can elaborate what, if any changes were made?

Additionally, I really enjoy the upshift's and downshift throttle blipping when the auto in my VFII LS3 enters "performance mode" whilst in sport shift mode. This happens when the vehicle senses lots of throttle and steering wheel angle...The question is.....Would gearbox durability and refinement be compromised if the gearbox could be programmed to keep this shift pattern at all times when in sport shift mode?

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
No idea however it would be a welcome addition.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Is there a difference in shift programming betweenMY16 and MY17 auto VFII's? If anyone can elaborate what, if any changes were made?

Additionally, I really enjoy the upshift's and downshift throttle blipping when the auto in my VFII LS3 enters "performance mode" whilst in sport shift mode. This happens when the vehicle senses lots of throttle and steering wheel angle...The question is.....Would gearbox durability and refinement be compromised if the gearbox could be programmed to keep this shift pattern at all times when in sport shift mode?
So the throttle blips on upshifts and downshifts?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Rev matching on downshifts in sport mode.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You'd use a crap-tonne of fuel in Performance Mode just driving around; you don't notice how it holds each gear until close to redline when you're up it, but then when you back off it's like getting a lift from Nanna when she's refused to accept she don't drive manuals very well any more but she still figures that First will do the trick for all situations ...

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Agree, would love for sport to be performance mode always, and drive to be sport.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Agree, would love for sport to be performance mode always, and drive to be sport.
There's so little difference between Sport and Drive, I do kinda agree.
I mean I'd pretty-much never use this new UberSport, would be really really rare as it's pretty much unusable unless you're driving harder than you really should be on public roads; but the fact that Sport does so little means it's effectively useless.
I'm no Rustang fan, but at least putting it in the equivalent of Sport has a noticeable effect on both throttle response & gearbox behaviour.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
How much would you reasonably pay for the trans tuned like that?
Probably thousands in uncovered by warranty repairs.
I don't know I see places now include auto transmission tunes with engine tunes. I don't know if these are kind of things that could be changed by that or something extra?