Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

B.o.v

B

BOV

I dunno bout some of you blokes but the right BOV sounds awesome, my mate has GFB Stealth FX on his 200sx and when he canes it, the BOV sounds like a pool of water dropped down and blew upon contact.... when he goes gently it flutters. GFB Stealth FX has also 3 settings, atmo, plumback and semi loud. So when your going past a cop stop, adjust it to plumback by hand.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Why do that?You know you're not supposed.You only behave becaaue you're gonna get caught?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i am with stealthy on this one. i have a big belief in function over form and the blow off valve is there to do a job other than making a 'cool' noise. as far as i am concerned, if it suits your application fine, be it legal or not and helps you make good reliable power with no spiking or surge, then that's a cool bov....

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
STEALTHY (purplemonkeydishwasher) said:
emmisions tests to get my setup 'legal' are over $6000 or soemthing, so the pod is going to be the last of my worries!
why so much?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
EcotecManiac said:
why so much?
that might have been a slight over-estimate, but i think its around the $2000 mark, and theres nowhere in Sa to get it done now.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
hehe should ask my father what I think of BOV's, I've almost wanted to pull a guy over forcefully because he was pissing me off, shifting up & down constantly for no reason, and just kept going off..... Usual P-Plater VL.. lol not dissing them but damn gets annoying..

I wanna see the guy on the other forum i visit put a turbo in the Gen III 5.7 in his skyline R34 :p lol

P

patrix

a plumb back setup is legal right ? and thats were u have a hose from the top of the bov to the air intake ?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yes.. Thats what we're getting at, but switchables aren't.

P

patrix

hey . . . . sorry bextor84 i aint all that farmilar with turbos and all that kinda ****, just tryin to figure out if when i go for a blue slip im screwed or not

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Wombat said:
He says "don't they know they're venting most of the boost before it does any good for the engine?". In other words, more for show than go.

I thought a BOV vents the excess boost before it's used. Otherwise you can get too much boost.. Which can damage the turbo charger and I'd imagine it would be bad for the fuel/air mixture and probably put too much force on the pistons, crankshaft and all that..

Am I remotely right?