Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad condensation and fogging on inside of windscreen

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
ah ok yeah today was alright hopefully now it will be alright

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
It's always good to find out a concerning issue is shared by others. I wouldn't worry about it, just get a nice clean soft rag to mop up the excess condensation and use the air con to dry the residue up. Back to enjoying the car :)

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I have the same problem in my VS it's driving me insane. Fogged windows everytime in the morning, not just the front though ALL the windows, rear, doors, quarter panels. I do have some kind of issue with my climate control (doesn't blow through correct vents and no heat when the a/c is on)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The fogging happens overnight, so when i hop in my car at 5am the inside of the window has a condensation on it. It may be from the hot air inside the cab forming on the windows but i thought it would go after sitting for 12hrs.

Unfortunately the condensation won't clear itself until the car heats up to the temperature it was when you parked it the day before and evaporates all the condensate. 5am is near the coldest time of the day so the worst time for foggy windows. Paper towel or demister with AC on HOT will do it.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
HOT will not do as good a job as a mid range setting with AC ON.

You also run the risk of cracking the windscreen if you set demist to HOT.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I get condensation forming on the OUTSIDE of the windscreen but that's because I have my aircon set to arctic 100% of the time. No dramas on the inside. Try cleaning the interior SS with autoglym fast glass... Or better yet, prima clarity if you can get it (order it online) both are great products and have anti-fog agents in them. I stopped using meguiars products a long time ago as o found their durability was woeful and you can get much better products for the same money or less.

Jacesv

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS HSV CLUBSPORT
Im getting the same problem with my VS SS. It happens every day. I just bought it. It has a factory fitted sunroof, it shows no signs at all of leaking neither does any of the windscreens rear quarter windows or doors windows. Going out of my mind as to what is wrong. My climate controls (the lower end one with the dials not digital) is playing up I think I have a kinked hose coz the windscreen demister does not work. The vents under the windscreen are abit glogged im going to fire up the air compressor and use the air gun to blow out the leaves and stuff see if that makes a difference. the condensation is really bad. Im thinking maybe the seats and stuff are holding moisture maybe if I swap them??? any one got some advice???

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It gets bloody cold here early in the morning where I live, its been minus 3 to minus 4 degrees C the last few mornings, and my windscreen on my VS is always iced up heaps on the outside, and fogged up heaps on the inside. I just throw some cold water on the outside and run the wipers to clear the ice, then I set the heater to hot with the A/C switched on, and the blower fan set on 2. This easily demists the inside of the car within a minute or two. I also run the rear defogger for 15 minutes or so to help de ice and demist the rear window. If you are already running the A/C with the heater on hot and its not demisting the glass, its probably worth getting the heater and A/C checked out.
The workshop manuals says that these A/C systems may need periodic regassing every couple of years or so to keep the A/C system working at its best. As mentioned above in another post, the A/C doesnt just cool air, it also removes the moisture from it, or "dries" it, which is why it demists the interior glass so well when its working correctly.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Sounds as if there is something damp inside the cabin. Carpets aren't damp are they? The only time I have had moisture on the inside of windows is when I have had a 'hot' bird in there on a cold night at the drive in flics...LOL