Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Bad Fuel?

ozrockracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute Series III
Hi all,

Just joined the other day, and have developed a small annoying problem. I bought a VS III Ute 3 weeks ago and it has been running like a dream, that is until last week-end when the car developed what I can only describe as a miss.

From a stand still, the car stammers and misses like a normal 6 cylinder with a wet distributor, but once given a punch on the throttle clears it's throat and opens up nicely, only to go back to stuttering and missing once it returns to idle.

I went through the electrics, and found a coil pack was playing up, and have replaced that and also replaced the plugs and leads, hoping this would end the miss, no luck.

I refueled on the Suturday just before the miss started happening and was wondering if I could have picked up a load of dirty fuel, or fuel with water in it.

Has anyone else had a similar situation or have any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem.

The Crank Angle sensor is also new (three weeks ago).

Thanks in advance.

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Yeah I dunno about you but I notice the same issue with different batches of fuel especially 91
I now only run 95 (usually caltex) and the car runs much better

trent d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
Have you checked the pluggs and leads with the amount of **** the petrol stations have to go though these days bad fuel would be the last thing I expect

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah check your spark plugs and leads. not uncommon to develop a miss quite quick when they start getting too old

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Have you checked the pluggs and leads with the amount of **** the petrol stations have to go though these days bad fuel would be the last thing I expect
Are you trying to say that bad fuel is uncommon? Because it isnt. There is currently a Captiva sitting around with over $10,000 worth of damage due to bad fuel.

trent d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
I just saying don't jump to the conclusion of bad fuel straight away I'm not saying it dont happen

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
There is currently a Captiva sitting around with over $10,000 worth of damage due to bad fuel.

please elaborate lol

im assuming engine fire cause i cant see a second hand engine being 10 grand

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
There is currently a Captiva sitting around with over $10,000 worth of damage due to bad fuel.

please elaborate lol

Are Captiva's even worth that much now?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
please elaborate lol

Diesel captiva.

Fuel Pump
Injectors
Labour.
etc.

Fuel pump assembly on its own is over $4k

Currently waiting for the owner to try and get money out of the petrol station where they filled up with bad diesel.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
$4k for a fuel pump assembly?? im assuming its made of titanium and carbon fibre