Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad luck buying a car...

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
No - what you talkin bout willis?

lol Fair enough. But in the case of this guy, he was exactly what he seemed to be (a dodgy seller/thief)

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Yeah, little pissed off.
I'l talk about it with my dad as its his cash. see what he wants to do.

Guess theres no harm in giving the coppers a ring about it

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Yeah, little pissed off.
I'l talk about it with my dad as its his cash. see what he wants to do.

Guess theres no harm in giving the coppers a ring about it

Consumer affairs may be worth a try too.

Also ring the roady bloke again and ask why he would not buy the car. What was thereason behind this as your going to the cops/consumer affairs. See what his reaction is. If he ducks for cover you know your onto something. Scare em if nothing else.

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Consumer affairs may be worth a try too.

Also ring the roady bloke again and ask why he would not buy the car. What was thereason behind this as your going to the cops/consumer affairs. See what his reaction is. If he ducks for cover you know your onto something. Scare em if nothing else.

Alright sounds good!

Cheers heaps for the advice mate, sounds like a plan.

Also ive kinda caved about searching for cars as ive just seen alot of **** vs utes.
I think i'l just buy the old mans vt. im happy with that though as the money i'l save from buying a ute, il have heaps left over to make it phat as ;)

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
And STELTHY, the guy was a lebo. was a little shifty anyway so that kinda puts me off anyway, no offence meant to other lebos

Haha no ****!? Some dealers will do anything to make a bit of coin

not being racist or meaning no offence but lebos ran the wrecking i worked at with the bmw. they paid 10 grand for the car. at the time it was something like a 100 grand top of the line model. i still have a sneaky suspicion the shell was re-birthed as it was sold rolling but could never prove it. some of the stuff these blokes got up to was astounding. i also remember another bmw m3 coupe smashed hard in the front. they bought another one smashed hard in the rear & welded the 2 halfs together. some days you would leave work & come back the next day to find car parts mysteriously appear overnight,ones that are worth big dollars at that time.

He actually did write a reciept (in extremely bad english). Had i think cost, deposited amount, balance left, for 'holden ute', both mine and his signatures. My dad payed the depo and was dealing with it all, you guys reakon i have a good case here?

Also in reply to VTLS1 yeah i had plenty enough cash but im sure some of you will agree with me that its probably not the best idea to pay the full amount of a car the first time you see it.
Im not that annoyed about the depo as it wasnt mine for one and it was better than buying a shifty car, but id still love to make the dodgy bloke hand it back over to my dad!

thats a start of a good case but are you sure hes who he says he is? he could have signed mickey mouse for arguments sake then you show up asking for mickey mouse,you see the guy that signed mickey mouse & they say sorry nobody here by that name. you say thats him there. no he says i'm donald duck you must be mistaken etc etc. thats when if you buy a car,get a receipt,sight photo id preferably a licence,write down licence number etc. i even ask for a licence when i sell a car cause you never know.

personally have paid cash in full a number of times for cars i see & want. if i have some doubts i just ask questions & make sure i do some homework before i even show up to look at it or even ask to look at it. if i'm not sure i walk away,if i miss out tough luck for me & i've walked away from some hell cheap deals then regretted it. point being if you have any doubt niggling in your head,it doesnt feel right or whatever just walk away. if someone does this to me its no skin off my nose,i dont deal in shite & dont bs so i know its their loss not mine.

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Yeah i dont think we're going to bother chasing it up anyway. but it's good at happened in a way because i've learned alot, especially about the vic roads check site which has helped alot :)

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
chase it up mate, whats a couple of phone calls worth.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Slightly OT, but along the same lines I guess...

I seem to be having a world of trouble buying a car at the moment, everyone I seem to get in touch with just don't seem all that in selling me their car.
Had so far some dodgy stuff, people that never call back after leaving messages, people that don't want to let you test drive?.. WTF!

ozz

Reaction score
I've always been on the impression that a deposit is non refundable, there is no point in making a deposit if you can ask for it back. A deposit says you agree to buy the car, so the seller can now go ahead and turn away more potential buyers, take down advertisements etc. If someone changes their mind and wants their money back, it leaves the seller out of pocket and ####ed around.

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Its no fun sometimes is it mate :(

Guess all you can do is keep looking, or hassle them until they get sick of you asking ;)