Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Badge understanding

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Further to the above, 2006 - 2009 SS's that have the V package and badging are not called SS V's, they are called V series SS's.

Well both my 2007 and 2009 SSV's were SSV's.

caspanixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have a 2006 SSV and it came with that badge and a separate SS badge as opposed to the new models which came with the SSV badge. Sounds like someone just put it on

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have a 2006 SSV and it came with that badge and a separate SS badge as opposed to the new models which came with the SSV badge. Sounds like someone just put it on

The SS & V badges were separate back then. My first 2 had that configuration.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Don't forget that in VE II the SSV badge also came out in Crome as a standard SSV and also the Redline edition which had the red V incorporated into the bade. These models got Brembo front brakes and unique forged alloys.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
FAR OUT!!! For a Commodore site some people really don't seem to get this.

The old red V badge is NOT a V8 badge. Never has been! Never will be!

Before Holden switched to incorporating the V into the badge, the V was a separate red badge as posted by the OP. And the Calais V definitely came in V6 form with the red V badge.

Here's one: 2006 Holden Calais VE V Sports Automatic

As Reaper has pointed out, they've also used it as a special edition with a few extra goodies over the standard Omega.

correct and to designate that a VE has extra stuff, Holden stuck a V badge on the bum of the car to denote that this was a VE with extras

A V badge went on everything you were prepared to pay a bit more for.. like leather + wheels (or wheels and better trim etc)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Thanks Mr Gutless-Weak-Arse who neg-repped me for contributing.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Thanks Mr Gutless-Weak-Arse who neg-repped me for contributing.

That's a bit rough!

After all the helpful & informative posts you've made, you make one mistake and some prick neg-reps you! :banstick:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
A V badge went on everything you were prepared to pay a bit more for.. like leather + wheels (or wheels and better trim etc)

or leather knob upgrade or the HSVi door seal plates.

Who cares after 40++ posts the V means you got some soft added on option. Maybe it was a standard SS and the dealer added a leather knob and a ugly red V badge or it was one of those weak Holden sale deals which saw the car fitted with 18" 60th Ann wheels and rear parking assist and a V badge.....

The V means nothing to me. I've seen omega 'V's

And it's got nothing the do with SSV's. Dad ordered one brand new, 2007 SSV (with SS badges) got 2-3 HSVi options (with HSVi option tag in the engine bay!!!) and a stupid little red V for getting an non-base model SSV car.