Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bali 9 - thoughts?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I'm glad it's done, I'm sick of hearing about it

The public have been brainwashed by the media into forgetting that these guys had no hesitation in dealing drugs, destroying other people's lives. And they were happy for their mules to take the fall for them. All these BS candle lit vigils, sobbing, tears, outrage. I wonder how these same people would react if one of their family or friends lives had been ruined by drugs brought into the country by these clowns.... I understand the families of these 2 guys grieving, but I shake my head in disbelief at how brainwashed & involved the general public has become.

The entire Corby debacle was still hot when these dumb arses tried to do the same thing in the same country. So there's no denying they knew they potentially faced the death penalty if they got caught. Yet they still went ahead with it.

I don't necessarily agree with the death penalty for this particular crime, but these idiots committed the crime in a country where it was no secret about the consequences they could very likely face if caught. There's no doubt about their guilt, and crime was committed in Indonesia under Indonesia law. As far as I'm concerned Australia should have stayed out of it.

Now we have the govt looking at cutting our relations with Indonesia.... Reality is, Indonesia probably needs Australia more than we need them, but we did have a mutually beneficial relationship. And it doesn't hurt to keep our neighbours as allies. But all this is now at risk over a couple of drug dealers ? Fark.....

I'm not an Abbot fan (I don't like the opposition clown either), but if anything I think he has interfered way too much. I understand why he has had to (public expectation), but as I said before, I believe Australia should have stayed out of it. I cringe at how much money and resources have been wasted on this, when we have so many far more worthy issues/people that same money and resources could have been used for.

Anyway, will be interesting to see where the relations between our 2 countries goes from here...

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Can the thread title please be updated to "Bali 7" now.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Can the thread title please be updated to "Bali 7" now.

^ Genuinely lol'd.

Going to be honest, those who say "lives have been spared" because they were in jail.

Bullshit, the junkies on the streets would have found another dealer to go to.

Having said that, they committed a crime in a country which wore the death penalty as a consequence for their actions. Do they deserve to die? In Australian's eyes, no. In Indonesia's eyes, yes.

Limp Bizkit quoted once: "What's done is done, you just leave it alone and don't forget it".

Thank god.

buster81

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 6.0 ute
As our son passed away from a drug related incident ive seen the harm inflicted on the user and families.
That being said i think that everyone ..users/sellers/growers choose to do it and so be it if they get caught !!!!!!!!!!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Bullshit, the junkies on the streets would have found another dealer to go to. .

Of course they would have. Junkies dont care where they get their hit from. But 8kg is a large influx and would have had immediate effect wherever it was supposed to be distributed.

But one less is one less.

Another excuse Ive heard is "But they were smuggling drugs OUT of Bali".

Yup, fantastic! That means them buying that 8kg of heroin in Bali has furthered the drug cultivation trade within Indonesia. Had these little ####s given up where they had got the 8kg from, they would still be alive today because the Indonesia police couldve found who was manufacturing it and stopped a large production ring.

So many people just dont think how far everything goes.

Dandenong right now is starting to really pick up in Heroin. It went away there for a long time but Police there are having a real hard time dealing with a large influx of Heroin there. That could have been caused by a large shipment like this.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Had these little ####s given up where they had got the 8kg from, they would still be alive today because the Indonesia police couldve found who was manufacturing it and stopped a large production ring.

No, the end result would still be the same, they would still be dead, but we wouldn't be seeing all this bullshit because they would have been killed in a back alley by the drug ring.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Of course they would have. Junkies dont care where they get their hit from. But 8kg is a large influx and would have had immediate effect wherever it was supposed to be distributed.

TBH I wouldn't have either. Open their mouths and see their extended family who were totally innocent meet some terrible demise??? Would you???