Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ballast resistor

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
can you find the loom coming from the key and join the pink to the yellow? You do have a pink and yellow at the coil?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
yeah it is . I had a hx wiring diagram saved as hq i better give up on old holdens I never work on them anymore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1972 Holden HQ UTE red 202 auto
yeah it is . I had a hx wiring diagram saved as hq i better give up on old holdens I never work on them anymore
I can't get enough of them, first one was when I was 16, got a 72 HQ sedan for $2500 put around $5000 on top and sold it for $14,800, 17 now and bought this 72 HQ ute for $5500 and spent the majority on Aussie tools haha.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
My last Hq I sold for a slab of beer I gave at least 5 other hj-z's to the car removal bloke and sold my hz tonner that I drove for 12 years for a $1000 I like reminiscing about working on cars with my oldman I worked on heaps of Holdens with him he died years ago mostly I work on vt commodores or old 4 wheel drives now I get pissed off buying old holden parts now because they are all rooted I've thrown better parts in the bin than some people try to sell now. What Aussie tools are still made can I ask?

Reaction score
Members Ride
My last Hq I sold for a slab of beer I gave at least 5 other hj-z's to the car removal bloke and sold my hz tonner that I drove for 12 years for a $1000 I like reminiscing about working on cars with my oldman I worked on heaps of Holdens with him he died years ago mostly I work on vt commodores or old 4 wheel drives now I get pissed off buying old holden parts now because they are all rooted I've thrown better parts in the bin than some people try to sell now. What Aussie tools are still made can I ask?
Hahahaha, today jack all, only punches, prybars, drill bits, they have just stopped making screwdriver's under crescent, but they still make all there pliers ect here, I doubt they make spanners and stuff anymore, but besides the Aussie made finkal, crescent and mummy tools all old Sidchrome is what I have, I've got enought to last me 100 lifetimes while abusing them haha.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
So mush for the old sidchrome life time warranty more bullshit I believed when I brought sidchrome stuff it was long before sidchrome pronto Im just about out of sidcrhome ratchets these days . See why I say Aussie's love bullshit artists everywhere.

Reaction score
Members Ride
So mush for the old sidchrome life time warranty more bullshit I believed when I brought sidchrome stuff it was long before sidchrome pronto Im just about out of sidcrhome ratchets these days . See why I say Aussie's love bullshit artists everywhere.
They are lifetime warrented, just hop into your local Sidchrome and give them the broken stuff, just a warning they won't all be made in Australia anymore most of it is made in Taiwan. But yea you can get them replaced still.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
where I've been told by total tools to piss off? I brought the set in 1987 the other 2 my oldman brought b4 that.