Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery charge %

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Well, dropped my car into my dealer last night and they had a look at it today and ran every test under the sun. They couldn't find a problem apart from the reading being off. No fix for it either so it's a case of wait and see...

They said the car shouldn't even start if it drops below 10%, but mine does. In fact when I got it, it was reading 1.5% and is running fine.

There was apparently a couple separate issues they knew of. One being the IQ system which most people have sorted with the update. The other is some alternator software issue, but that's supposed to be sorted out with the new Series II.

msf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 S2
Like i said before, mine did the same.

Once it reached 0%, it was fine.

I think its some sort of calibration.

The engineering mode isn't meant for end users, so until the battery warning comes up on the dash I wouldn't worry.

The early VE battery issues on should have been fixed by now.

What is the actual battery voltage level.

Well, dropped my car into my dealer last night and they had a look at it today and ran every test under the sun. They couldn't find a problem apart from the reading being off. No fix for it either so it's a case of wait and see...

They said the car shouldn't even start if it drops below 10%, but mine does. In fact when I got it, it was reading 1.5% and is running fine.

There was apparently a couple separate issues they knew of. One being the IQ system which most people have sorted with the update. The other is some alternator software issue, but that's supposed to be sorted out with the new Series II.

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Like i said before, mine did the same.

Once it reached 0%, it was fine.

I think its some sort of calibration.

The engineering mode isn't meant for end users, so until the battery warning comes up on the dash I wouldn't worry.

The early VE battery issues on should have been fixed by now.

What is the actual battery voltage level.

Yup, that's what I'm hoping too. Though if it's something that's supposed to happen, I wonder why the Holden techs didn't mention anything about it being a probably cause.

Voltage is fine. Sits on ~14V

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
IMAG0525.jpg

Just doesn't seem right ;)

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Have you upgraded any components of your sound system or is it all stock. Also which dealer are you going to?

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Have you upgraded any components of your sound system or is it all stock. Also which dealer are you going to?

All stock. I go to Brian Gardner Motors in Cannington WA.

I do have an ipod and gps (plugged into the lighter socket) if that makes a difference....

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Happy to report my battery charge reading has started going up as it should.

Been sitting on 0% for a few days til today when I found it on 7% and climbing :)