Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

battery issue driving me insane

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Wiring up a volts indicator will probably not help you that much, i have done it in the past and have been informed that for example when the voltage drops below 11v there is stuff all charge left in it. if you really want to do something get an OBD2 read out of battery charge

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Early VEs have heaps of battery draining issues but if your battery is 4 years old Id definately replace it as thats about the maximum life you get on average.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

nielsonp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive commodore
ripper,

that battery sounds good, might have to look at getting one over here.
are you able to leave your car stereo running for a while (say an hour while you wash your car) without causing battery to go flat?

atm i dont have the stereo going while the engine is off for fear of the battery going flat i hate it this is something i could do no worries with the old vs.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
When my battery is getting low (when i am the playing stereo wile the engine is not running) i get a message on my dash telling me to save the battery, so you are probably safe.