Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM problem?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
but if you wait 10 minutes does it start with old key
can you read the keyfob with the carman tool
with tech 2 you can measure remote signal and i would assume keyreader though i have not confirmed that

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to go through the following process. Note that it requires a Tech2 (or equivalent).

Programming Extra Keys to the Vehicle. Programming more keys for the vehicle can be achieved using TECH2
once the ESS has been re-linked to the vehicle as described as follows:
1. Ensure driver's door is closed, driver's door is unlocked, and wash-wipe switch is off.
2. Place new key into the ignition barrel.
3. Turn ignition on. Verify ESS beeps 5 times.
4. TECH2 must be operating in the “Normal Mode” submenu of the Body Control Module sub-menu.
5. Perform the Link Enable Procedure (see Section 6.5). Wait 1 second between each lock unlock to ensure the
door lock actuators function correctly during this procedure.
6. Verify that the ESS beeps twice. TECH2 reports ignition is at 12Vdc. The ESS has now entered “Key
Programming mode”.
7. Select Key Programming function – “Extra Key” - from the security sub-menu in the body menu of the TECH2.
When TECH2 requests ignition to be cycled with the existing key, leave the new key in the ignition barrel and
instead, press the unlock button on the existing key. Verify the ESS beeps once and the Theft Deterrent LED
stops flashing. Complete key programming as requested by TECH2.
8. Turn ignition off and wait for 2 seconds.
9. Turn ignition on. Verify ESS beeps once. The ESS is now operating in “normal mode”.
10. Crank engine. Verify vehicle starts as normal.

6.5 LINK ENABLE PROCEDURE.
Each ESS has it’s own unique Link Enable Code (LEC), programmed into each ESS by HSV. This code
corresponds to a unique sequence of 10 vehicle body functions comprising of the following actions:
1. Drivers door. Open then Close
2. Drivers door. Lock then Unlock
3. Wash-Wipe. On then off.
Approximately 60,000 link enable codes are available. (Pull stalk towards steering wheel and release).
For the Link Enable Procedure contact:
Australian Arrow Pty Ltd
Customer Service quoting ESS PIN.
Telephone: (03) 9785 0792
Facsimile: (03) 9775 0954

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh ****, just realised, it is HSV
follow blackvxgts info above
way more complicated than a stock vehicle

The Doctor 1280

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 HSV Senator
ok firstly i have my own professional scan too, a Carman Scan, i've used it to access the PCM and BCM there are no codes coming up when using the new keys and it won't start.

Secondly yes i have Climate Control in my car. When the A/C Compressor was replaced it was done with fluro green dye in it, i have had the A/C guy out 2 times and both times the A/C was checked with Vac test and pressure test, all were good.

he said it could be TX valve or BCM as it controls the A/C system

Dwayne79797979

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt acclaim series ll 99september
Ok guys need a bit of info.

So i've been having a bit of a problem with my VT HSV Senator 5.0l Auto,.

I've noticed a couple of things.

1) i can't program any more keys for it. As in it won't start the car, but it will unlock the doors and the boot with the buttons.

2) I've been having a bit of a problem with the Cruise control. Sometimes i can get it to come on by pressing the cruise button and sometimes it won't. the other day i had the cruise on and all was going well and then bang, it turned straight off.

I'm wondering if i have a BCM issue, any thoughts?
I have no lights I only have reverse lights and blinkers and my bcm makes a clicking noise and boot won’t open

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
ok firstly i have my own professional scan too, a Carman Scan, i've used it to access the PCM and BCM there are no codes coming up when using the new keys and it won't start.

Secondly yes i have Climate Control in my car. When the A/C Compressor was replaced it was done with fluro green dye in it, i have had the A/C guy out 2 times and both times the A/C was checked with Vac test and pressure test, all were good.

he said it could be TX valve or BCM as it controls the A/C system
When it comes to scan tools, some will interface different to others. Some will poke around in certain features of the car, and not others. Many workshops will have two or three different interface devices, and where one is not responding, the other will. This is not uncommon.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
re the ac, measure the voltage at the pressure switch, compressor clutch
will tell you what is happening