Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beached Az VS ute LS1 T56

commycrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Ute
Hey mate, ute looks awesome, I like your eye for detail! Quick question tho, do you have a pic of the jack mounted in the tray yet? just want to get an idea for mine! Thanks mate!

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
thanks for all the comments guys it's slowly coming together its taken alot and i mean alot of work to get it to the stage its at now. but i couldnt have done it without your help and knowledge of the l67 dan.

parbs i havent yet mounted the jack bracket. but i am going to put it under the tray next to the spare tyre. i may possibly have to use a plastic cover or something to stop it getting too dirty. but the cab is small enough i dont need it in there. and i dont really want it inside the tray either. but once i sort something out ill be sure to post up some pictures.

its looking like i may have a dud climate control heater box as it sometimes wants to work and other times it wont work at all or wont change etc. im going to look in to it more. but i wont need that for rego so its not on the top of the priority list.

and also have a dud reverse switch so no reverse lights, which i must fix. hopefully its just a matter of tracking down a new switch and plugging it in (like everything else on this car " it doesnt work because its rusty")

im also having troubles with my thermo fan it has decided it doesnt want to come on properly at one stage it would turn on for one second then switch back off. im thinking this may be an issue with the temp sensor as ive swapped the relays etc. i may have to wire up an over ride switch in the meantime until i can sort out the littly niggly issues that have been creeping up.

i gave the windows a good clean this afternoon and they look a million times better than before. i cant wait until i get the chance to give the whole body a good detail and see how the paintwork looks underneath all the water marks and dust/old polish in cracks etc.

ive got a few pics to go with this update.

DSCF4987.jpg

DSCF4989.jpg

DSCF4990.jpg

DSCF4992.jpg

DSCF4993.jpg

DSCF4996.jpg

DSCF4997.jpg

and lastly a pic of the new exhaust to go on. this is going to have a new y pipe made with twin factory cats
DSCF4998.jpg

ChappyVS95

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Holden Commodore VS Ute
coming along nicely mate, very jealous of the hardtop, those seats are nice too :D

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
chappy : seats are pretty comfy for the short time ive sat in them. im planning on filling up the rest of the interior to match the seats and steering wheel that i got.

antonio: its been running for a few weeks. but i think you mean driving on the road legally lol. i hope soon it will be

skid bro: thanks mate its slowly getting there, has been quite a big effort over the last month and a bit and two commodores should be enough lol ive been through a couple though.

today i got some new wiper blades at lunch time and then after tafe dropped it down to get a blue slip fingers crossed nothing was too badly wrong with it

c6503f26.jpg

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5sp Manual[SOLD], VN V6[SOLD],VR S 5sp
mad, tell us how u go and what the bastards pick up lol

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Dude you are just insane...Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have spent, what around 2 months to get this all done! FANTASTIC, I'd love to come out and catch up with you all and see it when its done :)

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5sp Manual[SOLD], VN V6[SOLD],VR S 5sp
Any updates???

EDIT: What course are you doing in tafe?

Last edited: