Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beached Az VS ute LS1 T56

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
mischa. from being in the trade ive found out flywheel bolts arent one use. just re loctite them and rattle gun them up. no torquing them in sequence or anything seemingly proper like that.

They are when you break them. ;)

What ratting are said bolts? I think the ones at work are 8.8, what are the stock holden ones? Do you know what size they are haydz? M8?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
5/16 by 1 inch long for the squeakotec.

thanks for all the encouragement. im hoping it will go alright. :)

well since i last updated. i have run all the engine wiring and modified my t5 loom to suit. started it today.

then run into a problem with my header pipe and the bellhousing for the t5. but from reading on the pacemaker website it seems i need to grind some off the bellhousing to ensure it fits.

here's a few more pics of where im up to.

DSCF5964.jpg

DSCF5965.jpg

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Which pacemakers are you using? I used PH5039 they fit the T5 with no clearance issues (runs very close in one spot but has enough not to knock on it)

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
well from talking to people and a bit of research they should fit with a bit of grinding. tbh i was quite over it at the point i tried to put in the gearbox and probably could have tried harder.

http://pacemaker.com.au/FittingInstructionPDF/PH 5039 supplement.pdf

and i dont know what headers im using. i bought them from commwreck they were on a series 3 ecotec with a getrag.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Wow just read the whole thread, sucks about the whole #### around you've had with the first two utes, especially the first one, seems like all that hard work was wasted. :( But good onya for sticking with the project, this third ute should be mint!

Would love to know what your neighbours think when they see all these statesmans around your place, and now a bunch of utes haha.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
lol, funny story all those cars.... His lawn is quite empty now, well for the time being.

Hey haydz even if you do get it to fit it looked like the clutch cable was going to be very close to the header or maybe even on it. I duno maybe somthing to think about or check again im not 100%.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
success! got a free couple hours this morning and put the gbox in after grinding a fair bit out of the bellhousing. :) thanks alot to wamboin for the heads up and saving me scratching my head!

got a few things going on at the moment. brakes are ready to go bar the vt rotors. and they need painting. but i have pics of the bits. motor is in with box. starts runs idles well. all is seeming good at the momen. see how much i get done tomorrow. and i may take it for a quick maiden voyage tomorrow arvo.

DSCF5971.jpg

vs booster with racebrakes adapter for vt master.

DSCF5968.jpg

getting there

DSCF5967-1.jpg

and theese are the new seats i bought a few weeks back but havent gotten around to fitting. maybe tomorrow. if i can find the damn trans mount bolts doh!

DSCF5966.jpg

Last edited:

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
gettin' real close now.

good too hear the you got the gearbox fitted up. how much do you reckon you ended up taking off the bellhousing?

the racebrakes adaptor is a good bit of kit hey. saves the mucking round cutting the adjuster bolt etc.