Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Been through 3 tailshaft s keeps twisting them and snapping and it's only making 420rwh?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What? Are you on the drugs?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
About the Same time you figure out the conspiracy theory s are for people that aren't well haha
1. What have conspiracy theories got to do with this?
3. What evidence do you have about me that suggest I need to work something out about conspiracy theories.

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
I've snapped Axel's,popped diffs,blown gearboxes,fried clutches even shot a few conrods out of the blocks.
ive had the uni's on the tail shaft go bang but never snapped one,I've got a spare one here, can I have a go at it please?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Must not have a stock ZF. That would blow before long before snapping a tailshaft.
From what I’ve heard elsewhere the stock diff is pretty strong but it’s just the LSD clutch packs that let it down. Hence replacing the LSD centre with a Truetrac.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
1. What have conspiracy theories got to do with this?
3. What evidence do you have about me that suggest I need to work something out about conspiracy theories.
Doh! You missed out point number two!!!

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It was there. Point 2. It’s gone. Someone from ASIO has deleted it because it was too close to the truth.

Thanks for playing along at home.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I wouldn't be on here wasting my time on here if that was the case haha I said before the first one went giving it **** then that just made we worry about it ovisly i need a stronger one the other ones went just give it a little **** aswell no clutch dropping n roll backs tho haha but like I said people are running stock tailshafts in there cars with more power so I thourght it might be a issue since

You have just mentioned the issue.....

Your driving style....If you look at the youtube video I posted, that Corty is running 900 HP at the treads and snapped the stock 6 cyl Cortina tailshaft at the rear uni....So it is running a crap load more HP than you and the tailshaft is alot older than your tailshaft and probably you

So to solve the issue, stop giving it **** and it'll last