Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Been through 3 tailshaft s keeps twisting them and snapping and it's only making 420rwh?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
From what I’ve heard elsewhere the stock diff is pretty strong but it’s just the LSD clutch packs that let it down. Hence replacing the LSD centre with a Truetrac.
Yep, exactly and when this goes it takes out the diff gears. Don't hammer it and they will do 300k or more.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The only way I can see a drive shaft failing like that would be if the tube was damaged or compromised in some way like a dent in the tube. It takes a lot of torque to twist a shaft like that, a good motor and great traction. Maybe that double plate clutch is locking up hard?

It was there. Point 2. It’s gone. Someone from ASIO has deleted it because it was too close to the truth.

Thanks for playing along at home.
Careful now, a certain US member will re-post it as factual if you're not careful .

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wheres the fun in that? ;) :) :cool:

Good point...First because he won't be flogging the car and secondly, we won't be laughing at his rubbish excuses as why he is trucking up tailshafts...

Kissyourole365

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore v6 manual
Good point...First because he won't be flogging the car and secondly, we won't be laughing at his rubbish excuses as why he is trucking up tailshafts...
Whatever helps you sleep at night haha you bored or something?

Kissyourole365

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore v6 manual
The only way I can see a drive shaft failing like that would be if the tube was damaged or compromised in some way like a dent in the tube. It takes a lot of torque to twist a shaft like that, a good motor and great traction. Maybe that double plate clutch is locking up hard?

Careful now, a certain US member will re-post it as factual if you're not careful .
You actually said something that I asked about n not crapped on about how I'm doing roll backs n clutch dropping it everywhere but someone said the same thing to me

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Whatever helps you sleep at night haha you bored or something?

Far from it.....Just know when someone isn't telling the whole story...Only parts thinking there must be some fault with a part, when the fault is the driver

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

This makes sense if it was only one tailshaft....We are talking 3 tailshafts that are busted, so the chances of 3 seperate tailshafts having some sort of damage to them is highly unlikely....

Kissyourole365

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore v6 manual
Far from it.....Just know when someone isn't telling the whole story...Only parts thinking there must be some fault with a part, when the fault is the driver
Like I said I gave it **** the first time it went n I was to worried about it after that but they still went so I thourght I got nothing else to do might go on here n try and convince random s that I'm thrashing my car

Kissyourole365

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore v6 manual
This makes sense if it was only one tailshaft....We are talking 3 tailshafts that are busted, so the chances of 3 seperate tailshafts having some sort of damage to them is highly unlikely....
So? You would think getting some insight on situation coz it's not normal would be the next best thing? Haha