Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Being single in 2011-let the freakshow begin

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
no offence but if she waited until she was 17, thats pretty good in this day and age, i know girls that are 13-14 that go out doing god knows what(i know what they are doing but im not going to mention it), i think the best thing would be instead of scoulding her is to actually sit down and have a good chat with her, just my advice, i think it would work better then going of the handle at her

none taken and agreed

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
As much as parents dont like it, its best they at least know whats happening rather than the child sneaking around behind their back.
When I was 14 I started dating an 18 year old. My mum was furious to say the least. She wanted him charged. She realised that I was probably going to continue seeing him anyway so decided to let it continue...but there were rules.
The funny thing is...once Mum knew about it...it kinda didnt seem so taboo or exciting anymore. Also its not much fun when he went into clubs and I couldnt for a few years. Turns out the guy was a wanker anyway. Although to this day I still prefer to go out with a bloke a bit older than me.
I really think it does come down to who they want to date and what they are like. Some relationships like that can actually work and they end up married...but in the meantime as a parent you just cross your fingers and hope youre making the right decisions.
Once hormones get involved...thats the difficult part :rofl2:

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
i have read this thread and got quite a few laughs out of it and there have been some really shallow dissappointing posts aswell.
so my 2cents is older women are the BEST, I'm 35 she's 47, 11yrs without arguments, 2 beautiful children 5 and 8, from my past relationships of pure hell to total paradise,
hell relationship #1 stupid dumb 15yr old who wanted to bundle me up and put me in ver vagina for enernity for nobody else to see, I had already been in there and decided I didn't want to return.
hell #2 started out pretty well got the cherry lasted three yrs 1 child then she decided she didn't want to be a parent and left us , so yeh 20yrs old with a beautiful 9mth old boy abandoned, 2yrs later she decided to have a baby with my bro. (that ended too.)
hell #3 she 18 I was 23 she was really dirty, and asked me to do STUFF to her, really dirty stuff I thought this was awesome then I discovered she liked to be treated like sh!t as that was the way she was raised in her culture, I treated her nice and that ended that.
then my lovely lady walked up to my door with the excuse of giving my son some of her sons hand me downs, and I have never looked back and am so glad I don't have to deal with the DATING SCENE.
from some of the post I have read I can offer some advice,
OLDER WOMEN ARE THE BEST,
don't have your mother drop you off for a date a girls house, Lol.
don't pickup at pubs and clubs unless you just want a quick one in the toilets (eewww), carpark or the loungeroom floor, these relationships seldom go anywhere.
and my opinion don't use dating/chat sites.....................

edit; most tattoo's look great>>>>>>>>>>>>> on someone else, someone else's missus and someone else's child, NOT MINE.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
A wise man once told me:

If you have a son, you only need to worry about 1 penis, if you have a daughter you have to worry about millions.

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
A wise man once told me:

If you have a son, you only need to worry about 1 penis, if you have a daughter you have to worry about millions.

So funny and so true :)

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
i have read this thread and got quite a few laughs out of it and there have been some really shallow dissappointing posts aswell.
so my 2cents is older women are the BEST

Yes they are because they are usually past the point of headgames and drama and know what they want and what they dont want :) So I agree.

* Sorry for the posts in a row havent got hang of multi quote thingy yet, btu Im working on it. Getting better I hope :)

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Worst Date: Met him off Oasis, met up after chatting for ages at Maccas for a coffee before getting into his 8 month old VE SSV Ute. Get down the road, police pull him over for doing 8kms over the limit.

Bretho: over the limit, blew 0.07
Tyres: Bald, 2 rears.
Rego: unpaid
License: Suspended for drink driving.

BUT lucky for him, this was the night WA Police were on STRIKE! So I had to get in his car and drive it, hadn't driven a manual for about 6 years. So we bunny hopped & stalled our way back to Maccas to get MY car. End of story.... Never seen him ever again, thankfully.

Best Date: Kiwi truck driver, met up at a park after chatting literally 24/7 via Vodafone chat, had a coffee went for a walk, he left and I made my way to work (night shift in a old peoples home). I get a text 15 minutes later saying he was devastated I had to leave, he then ended up back at my work where he sat with me all night talking about lots of things, before leaving at 6am. We have had our problems (which is why we now live 160kms apart) but its TRUE love, I think i have reached that age of knowing what I want, where I want to be and what I'm doing (turning 28). He's getting FIFO work and will move down here with us.

Worst Relationship: I was 17, he was 30, we lasted 9 years (4 years married), 2 kids, now divorced. Heading to court tomorrow after he got a VRO on me. Apparently texting the father of your boys asking if he wants to see them is "harassment". Oh and he's on JC.... :blah blah:

Moral of the story is (for me) IMPORT your men.... Aussy blokes are right fkn dicks! (when it comes to a committed relationship).

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Worst Date: Met him off Oasis, met up after chatting for ages at Maccas for a coffee before getting into his 8 month old VE SSV Ute. Get down the road, police pull him over for doing 8kms over the limit.

Bretho: over the limit, blew 0.07
Tyres: Bald, 2 rears.
Rego: unpaid
License: Suspended for drink driving.

BUT lucky for him, this was the night WA Police were on STRIKE! So I had to get in his car and drive it, hadn't driven a manual for about 6 years. So we bunny hopped & stalled our way back to Maccas to get MY car. End of story.... Never seen him ever again, thankfully.

Best Date: Kiwi truck driver, met up at a park after chatting literally 24/7 via Vodafone chat, had a coffee went for a walk, he left and I made my way to work (night shift in a old peoples home). I get a text 15 minutes later saying he was devastated I had to leave, he then ended up back at my work where he sat with me all night talking about lots of things, before leaving at 6am. We have had our problems (which is why we now live 160kms apart) but its TRUE love, I think i have reached that age of knowing what I want, where I want to be and what I'm doing (turning 28). He's getting FIFO work and will move down here with us.

Worst Relationship: I was 17, he was 30, we lasted 9 years (4 years married), 2 kids, now divorced. Heading to court tomorrow after he got a VRO on me. Apparently texting the father of your boys asking if he wants to see them is "harassment". Oh and he's on JC.... :blah blah:

Moral of the story is (for me) IMPORT your men.... Aussy blokes are right fkn dicks! (when it comes to a committed relationship).

I disagree with the Aussie blokes part, i was the most dedicated guy to my misses, done anything for her, always treated her right and she still cheated on me, i took her back and she done it another 3 times!
So chicks can be god dam head cases too, not always the guys fault, the ladies are just as bad

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
I agree... Which is why I said (for me). Thats my opinion =o) My sister is a perfect example of head case, I love her, but oh dear she is the meaning of GOLD digger!

KimiClaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II, VT Commodore Series II
My 15 year old announced tonight that she has a boyfriend. Its her first, she is so excited.

Hes known to us, hes a good kid from a good family, and she is trustworthy too. The problem is, he is 21.

I know hes a good kid, so is she. But at 21, he will have obvious expectations from his girlfriend. She insists she wont be doing anything till she is 18, but she is also desperate to be 'one of the cool kids' and an older boyfriend will do that for her.

Its scary stuff.. if he puts the pressure on and she feels she needs to do what he wants to keep her newfound social status.... no wonder I have grey hair lol

I was 16 with a 22 year old. I was over the age of consent in NSW, and I am extremely mature for my age (still only 18), he was a known bad boy in my town, I was a good little innocent girl in yr 10... I didnt see a problem with it neither did a lot of people...

Then last year, my friend who was 20 turning 21, got with a 15 year old and I thought she was too young for him... She had already had sex with 3 guys, claimed to have been in love with her ex. He was fresh out of a 5 year relationship with a girl who was 5 years older than him but none of us saw a problem with his last relationship...

It all depends on the people involved and their maturity/immaturity level...

Also. Not all aussie men are bad.. some are amazing and they just get forgotten about.