Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ben's 2004 Holden VYII Calais L67

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
That's good a full tank fixed the problem. Can't say it didn't cost you, being a full tank of fuel. Ahah.

Quick search on eBay and I found heaps of genuine Holden floor mats.

Yeah but not in the cream colour like the rest of the interior, just think it might look weird with black or grey floor mats with cream seats and carpet, etc

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Black dash, console, door plastics etc. I reckon that black floor mats would look OK. And they would show less dirt than cream mats.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Black dash, console, door plastics etc. I reckon that black floor mats would look OK. And they would show less dirt than cream mats.

I agree with VS on this one. Borrow your floor mats out of your Berlina and have a look?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

I agree with VS on this one. Borrow your floor mats out of your Berlina and have a look?

Yeah might give it a try and see how they look

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
UPDATE: Yesterday I installed the ASL iPod Controller to the factory headunit (VZ560-VY-VZ-iPhone-iTouch-Charging-and-Aux-supply-cable--p-229) and it was a bit of a mission, at one stage I thought I damaged the headunit, but it all turned out good and it works perfect! So now I can plug in my iPod with all my music and listen to it through the factory headunit. It also keeps the iPod charged. Reason I did this is because I really don't want to replace the factory headunit, I like how it looks and how it also displays everything in the cluster (like radio stations, CD info, volume, etc). I don't want to lose that with the aftermarket headunits.

Next I am going to buy a factory handsfree kit. Which will be easy to install as it is just one plug behind the dash and then just run the mic.

Also I went to replace the steering wheel controls today as one is broken, but it turns out I was supplied with the wrong ones (different plugs), so I ended up just using super glue to stick the button back on and it works perfect and you can't even tell it was broken! So just going to leave it like that for now and if it breaks again I will replace the switches. But can't see it happening again.

Vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
was the ipod connection hard to do? Contemplating doing it also.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
was the ipod connection hard to do? Contemplating doing it also.

It's a little bit fiddly but wasn't too hard. Was definitely worth it. Doesn't show up anything on the factory headunit with what song is playing or anything like that (I know that there is a kit you can get that does that), but this would be the easiest one to install and still works just as good! Also nice sound quality still.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
End result of ASL VY/VZ iPod Connectivity to factory headunit.

20150818_101701.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Is that one of those kits where you have to make a blank cd and have it playing all the time ?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Is that one of those kits where you have to make a blank cd and have it playing all the time ?

No not at all, just have to pull the headunit apart and solder 6 wires to the PCB. For it to work you have to have the radio on FM or AM, and then flick a switch that cuts out the audio for the radio and plays the audio from the iPpd instead. If you play a CD then the will override iPod audio.