Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best and cheapest way to gain power out of a VR commodore

Comlover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
Hi im lookin to fix up my Vr commodore...Currently the transmission is shot and slipping like hell...But i am changeing it soon...And was just wondering what would be the best and most likely the cheapest way to make it quicker? It is a ex police car with the country pack :| so it has a lsd as standard.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
lol i had one of those 4x4 styling. best bet is pod filter and electric super charger :p

Comlover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
Should also note im on my Ps soo fail with the restrictions :) soo needs to be something the police wont notice :p . And yeah my car is like a monster truck :( But still handles good

All that has been done soo far to my car is the resonator has been removed catylac converter has been bashed out :\ it was blocked.. And i also ported my throttle body.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
lol i had one of those 4x4 styling. best bet is pod filter and electric super charger :p

Yeah +1 for Electric Supercharger. Might even be able to add some stickers to the doors, race style.

speedholes.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Should also note im on my Ps soo fail with the restrictions :) soo needs to be something the police wont notice

Lol - just because the Police don't notice, it doesn't make it legal. So you manage to pull the wool over their eyes, have a bad day and run into the back of another car. The insurance company finds your modifications and because you are on "P" plates decides to void your insurance because you were driving a car that you weren't licensed to drive. All of a sudden you are in a whole new world of hurt.

All that has been done soo far to my car is the resonator has been removed catylac converter has been bashed out :\ it was blocked.. And i also ported my throttle body.

Ok - I presume it's a V6 VR??? Fit a new cat to your car. Your bashed out one will give you no more power however they do sound like crap and the associated fine if you get caught with it from the epa is several times the value of your car. Other than a good service, there really isn't anything of worth you can do with those V6 things short of forced induction.

Seriously, do yourself and everybody else around you a favor and fix your car, gain experience driving it as a stocker for a few years, save your $$$ which will let you get something fast down the track a bit.

Reaper

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
i have heard somewhere that the search function will add 250RWKW to your V6.

I too have caught wind of this rumour.

Save your pennies buy a V8.

I was like you 2 months back, trust me its a waste of time & money.

Comlover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
Ive been driving for 3 years...And well since i could reach the pedals off roading...Uhm yeah its a v6 and ive been lookin into gettin a hole knew exahust the catback was just done because the **** was blocked up . And also like to note i aint one of those hoons goin around doin burnouts and that i want it more for the drag strip.... But i dont want to take like a 16+ second car there.

I wanted to get headwork done...I got two spare heads sitting on a blowen engine i can use but what would the best step be?

And about the v8 or supercharger...I could of done it around october if i actually went for my greens two years back so i would of been off P's all together...But lazy me didnt soo now im stuck on my Ps till who knows when.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I would look into a raptor supercharger since ive heard they can be made to run fairly quietly. Then, I would get, a stock cat, and nice quiet mufflers. Keep the grandpa spec suspension, maybe add some 15's with hubcaps and dont get caught driving like a ######## and you will never have your bonnet opened by an officer of the law. I know forced induction is illegal for you but so are hollowed out cats and you dont seem to care about that

Comlover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
How much would a cheap supercharger be. And what time should car technicly run down quarter mile i beat most stock commodores with a broken transmission. I stick side by side with a manuel vt and vy v6.. So.i presume my car isnt half bad 4 what it is