Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best and cheapest way to gain power out of a VR commodore

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
How much would a cheap supercharger be. And what time should car technicly run down quarter mile i beat most stock commodores with a broken transmission. I stick side by side with a manuel vt and vy v6.. So.i presume my car isnt half bad 4 what it is

if you wack a supercharger on there without fixing the gearbox a stock commodore will beat you down the 1/4 mile cause your gearbox will probably fall to peices... should make a good youtube video though

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Cheap power hunting = Fail

You want to know the cheapest way of getting power out of your VR V6? Sell it and buy a new car...oh wait your on P's...just drive it, getting experience then get a better car when allowed to.

P Platers = Visual Mods...

Comlover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
Currently im installing a vt engine and box in my mates Vn commodore...just got the wireing to do and we done.... But anyways um i owned a holden vectra before this and well :\ it was pretty quick compare to all the commodores i seen.. And im gettin a transmission which isnt stuffed in next few weeks and ill be gett a transco stage 2 shift kit installed. I was goin to sell my commodore and buy a four wheel drive but i decieded i wanted to zip it up abit.. I aint exspecting like 12 second pass but i want like 14.9s

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
An l67 conversion with bolt ons like 10psi pulley, rockers and exhaust and an LSD with some 3.7s or something should see a mid 14 in a lightweight VS. Engines pop up pretty often for around the 2k mark and you can sell your old engine to make up some of the cost. Should be a bit of fun and a good platform for more mods for when your off your p's

Comlover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
I want to try keep it non turbo or supercharged. I was thinkin doin vt engine n box n harness and all into a vr n then modding that or would it be easier to just mod the buick

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Strip all the weight out of it.. Free power that's already there.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Strip all the weight out of it.. Free power that's already there.

foolproof. remove passengers seat, rear seats, door trims, stereo, spare wheel, a/c, etc. dont believe me, get 4 85kg mates to hop in for a spin then drop them off and see if you gain power!

/about as legal as a bashed out cat

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
foolproof. remove passengers seat, rear seats, door trims, stereo, spare wheel, a/c, etc. dont believe me, get 4 85kg mates to hop in for a spin then drop them off and see if you gain power!

/about as legal as a bashed out cat

Yep very true. But yeah, very illegal haha. I have an R31 track car with around ~60kg stripped out so far, and man if someone jumps in the car with you, there is a massive difference. So even keeping it legal, sound deadening under carpet, AC in my skyline weighed around 30kg all up. Boot carpet etc