Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Cams+Extractors for LFX?

Hartley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1 3.6
Apparently the mace cams aren't real great and the xforce extractors seem to be for LLT only? What are the best cams and extractors for a VF SV6 LFX build? And don't bother answering "just get a V8" or "V6 isn't worth modifying" because I have seen 500rwhp builds and it's basically the same engine as the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and ATSV but n/a.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not a great idea to re-cam an Alloytec. Those who have been there will say don't waste your time and money. It's a major headache on the V6 to get right and tuning them once cammed is a prick. If you want power look at boost.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
No such thing as Extractors for LFX, [Based on the Exhaust Ports]
All the sellers do is,
"Extract the money from your Wallet with BS",
and don't think a nice set of Rear Mufflers will sound nice,
No, they don't, "Its all noise, and No Go" and sounds like a wet fart,

As above, @losh1971 mentioned, Dont Waste your Time & Money.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
That is a 3.6L Alloytech. With the right mods they sound pretty good but thanks for the unsolicited opinions.
Unsolicited opinions? You just asked the whole forum a question...

Pretty sure the Baby Jesus's ears just started bleeding, again...

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS

only mob i've heard doing a good job.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Get onto the speedway boys....In S.A I have seen a V6VF racing in the street stock class.....

IMA it sounded like crap, but did have a cam and extractors

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Wrong engine in that platform for any real power in my unsolicited opinion, but, what would I know

Have you seen any ET or MPH from these 500hpatw builds?

There is lots of youtubes and insta dyno claims out there with no actual proof of concept

What is the area under the curve like?

How long does it stay alive for?

Does it actually get leaned on or is it just dyno circle jerks?

How much coin to get 500hpatw?

What do you plan on doing to the rest of the powertrain and driveline to "not" have it heading home on a tilt tray?

The money spent on making any real power on your car, with any form of reliability, would be quite large

Unless your limited by P plate laws, then keep it clean and standard for resale and just save the coin for when your off your P plates and get something better, any power mods to it will kill resale value, hell, most mods to it kill resale value to 95% of potential buyers

Or, build it and prove either your point, (with how much it "actually" cost and what parts, upgrades and machine work was done), or, as stated above, the unsolicited opinions of others

As it isn't my coin I say "DO IT" and post up a time slip

Use this calculator to work out a fairly close power output, use the MPH-weight, and/or ET-weight calculator

http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
That is a 3.6L Alloytech. With the right mods they sound pretty good but thanks for the unsolicited opinions.
That sounds good?

I'm all for a nice sounding 6 cylinder, but Commodores aren't one of them, and nobody will be able to convince me otherwise....ever, and I've heard 1000's of them.

Every time a young bloke has tried to convince me his SV6 sounds good they use the lines like "Mine doesn't sound like your average commodore it's got a decent note" and every time it sounds like a wet fart at idle or autistic screeching under rpm followed by drone at cruise rpm.

You can't really compare with that video either, that has a turbo which will completely change the sound of an exhaust as the turbo acts as it's own muffler before the rest of the exhaust system.

The only people that like VE/VF's V6's with exhausts are P platers who are convinced they are race cars.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just trying to save you wasting money on things that will have minimal improvement. Since my help is not wanted I'm out of here. BTW I thought the Alloytec in the vid was a Honda, sure sounds like one. Good luck.

Last edited: