Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Injector Replacement for a VN

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Make you you change the regulator too then, the post up there^ says they need 3.5 bar to reach the same flow as a VN injector

hey greenfoam, would that be needed on a VS?...i guess what im asking is how many bar does a vs normally run at?

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
I wouldnt think you would have to change the pressure regulator as the VNs1 injector flows 146.3 GPM @ 3 BAR. Assuming a worst case scenario of flow rate falling at the same rate as pressure (which it doesnt) the VT injector would still flow 128.5 GPM @ 3 BAR. Flow increases about 1/5th for each doubling of pressure so the flow difference would be insignificant, about a 6 GPM decrease for a .5 BAR pressure drop.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
if vt injectors are rated lower. why put them in. i am a little comfused on this one..

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
if vt injectors are rated lower. why put them in. i am a little comfused on this one..

Because they are a different design that has a finer spray pattern, thus vaporising the fuel better. Should provide better fuel economy and performance.

EDIT: And if the VT injectors can supply the correct amount of fuel to a VT engine then they can supply the correct amount of fuel to a VN engine as they are the same size engine.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais

i too am doing much searching around to work out this...i bought some vt injectors after being told they were 22lb/hr, guilable ol' me believed that.
but after actually checking, everywhere i look says they are only 14.24lb/hr (@3bar) compared to around 18 or 19lb/hr for other models (vn,vp,vr,vs). so now im trying to work out whether i should even bother using them.
the search still continues, its hard to find consistent info...

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
OK VT injectors are in, the VP setup is similar to the VN in Shortstuff's "How To" with only minor differences in the regulator, fuel inlet and bolt sizes. But, all up 20 minutes from start to finish.

Now to keep track of fuel economy and to report back here ;-)

Last edited:

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
VT injectors might run at a higher pressure but they flow less than VN/VP injectors.

280155777 VT
280150917 VP these were in mine
280150901 VN