Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best method of N/A Air intake?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Wood compressed between two pieces of metal would not catch fire. No air for it to burn. And the intake wouldn't get hot enough for it to catch fire anyway.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
Wood compressed between two pieces of metal would not catch fire. No air for it to burn. And the intake wouldn't get hot enough for it to catch fire anyway.

Mace insulators are guaranteed for the life of the car. If they were made out of wood they would not be able to give such a warranty. Go at it with a blow torch then go at wood with one. You would soon see the difference. The mace insulators are much stronger, more durable and have a much lower thermal conductivity coefficient than wood.

This isn't their only benefit. They also increase runner length resulting in an increase in bottom end torque.

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Seat of the pants, placebo, etc it may be, but the mace intake on our old na VX ecotec made a noticeable difference to response and definately to induction noise.
Certainly more gains to be had with the manifold spacers for similar money

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt

Well there you go :) learn something everyday here!

Mace insulators are guaranteed for the life of the car. If they were made out of wood they would not be able to give such a warranty. Go at it with a blow torch then go at wood with one. You would soon see the difference. The mace insulators are much stronger, more durable and have a much lower thermal conductivity coefficient than wood.

This isn't their only benefit. They also increase runner length resulting in an increase in bottom end torque.

Nice plug there :p

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
the best intake is a pod filter with a trubo attached to it

If only i had the cash mate. I know a lot of you guys with Forced induction and V8s roll your eyes at "lamers" trying to do up their V6 but you have to remember that they're doing so for a reason. I can guarantee you i would be driving a VX SS if i could afford the rego on it. Maybe we could all ease up a bit and leave our ego's for the pub section of this forum?

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
the best intake is a pod filter with a trubo attached to it

I don't think he wanted to touch exhaust as he only mentioned the intake so the best for him would be a supercharger not a turbo or trubo, that would give you the best air intake for the engine for sure.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas

wood was used to re-line clutch plates during the .......... (specifically the bark from the cork tree).

The missing word is war but I cannot mention the war.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-

Nice Little Video to watch about Pods and the stock factory air box

Last edited by a moderator:

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
This thread has made my Friday night.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Im yet to be shown evidence that simply adding a mace spacer, or any other form of spacer has more effect than as i said, removing the spare wheel.