Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best roof racks for VF wagon?

surfermv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sortwagon
did a search and saw a few issues with the Holden roof racks. Can anyone recommend a good looking roof rack for a 2017 vf wagon, rolla? Rhino?? Or is it a no-go to put a surfboard on the roof and hit the highway in a VF wagon these days?

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
hey there, I am running the prorack Whispbar racks. you can get them from supercheap or BCF on the 20% off sales. Fit is fine, not that loud either

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
did a search and saw a few issues with the Holden roof racks. Can anyone recommend a good looking roof rack for a 2017 vf wagon, rolla? Rhino?? Or is it a no-go to put a surfboard on the roof and hit the highway in a VF wagon these days?

I've got the car going to the panel beaters for a re-re-respray of half the car (fussy) It won't be until closer to the end of the year. They are investigating a possible water leak into the roof liner/ing and are removing both roof rail covers for investigation. I believe they are glued, or should be!
I will get some good pictures of these supposed under engineered plastic clips holding the rails down. I too am paranoid, I have 2 x windsurfing boards and 2 x bikes that needed regular moving. Ill be using the old car for those duties until I lay eyes on these rails.

Graham C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive wagon ,Vs executive wagon
I've got the car going to the panel beaters for a re-re-respray of half the car (fussy) It won't be until closer to the end of the year. They are investigating a possible water leak into the roof liner/ing and are removing both roof rail covers for investigation. I believe they are glued, or should be!
I will get some good pictures of these supposed under engineered plastic clips holding the rails down. I too am paranoid, I have 2 x windsurfing boards and 2 x bikes that needed regular moving. Ill be using the old car for those duties until I lay eyes on these rails.
so any outcome as yet ?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
so any outcome as yet ?

Black trim was removed and rails were siliconed I believe, or at least sealed with something. Not nice to think water went through though. I took the advice of the panel beater and bought removable racks that don't stress the rail and seal. I'd never used any rack up to the point of noticing water ingress.