Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Value For Money Amp?

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Hey guys, sorry to thread Hijack, but I have a similar question to ask.

I got a ute as well, (WB tonner) and I've just bought some 240w JVC 6x9s for it, which I'm hoping I'll have enough room to mount behind the seat, although they are pretty damn huge so a bit unsure at this stage. But anyway, I want to get an amp for it as well, assuming I will need it to get a decent sound and get the most out of my speakers.

Obviously I'm looking for one thats quite small, and also cheap as possible. 25 bucks like VS addict paid sounds pretty damn good lol.

Is there anything I need to know? Or should just any old amp do the trick? I will be running a pioneer/kenwood headunit with it.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Hey guys, sorry to thread Hijack, but I have a similar question to ask.

I got a ute as well, (WB tonner) and I've just bought some 240w JVC 6x9s for it, which I'm hoping I'll have enough room to mount behind the seat, although they are pretty damn huge so a bit unsure at this stage. But anyway, I want to get an amp for it as well, assuming I will need it to get a decent sound and get the most out of my speakers.

Obviously I'm looking for one thats quite small, and also cheap as possible. 25 bucks like VS addict paid sounds pretty damn good lol.

Is there anything I need to know? Or should just any old amp do the trick? I will be running a pioneer/kenwood headunit with it.

Hey mate, take a look on ebay, trust me, you will find some bargains. I got mine off ebay. All the top brands such as pioneer, alpine, kenwood, clarion are there and some good second hand ones are going for cheap as chips. :thumbsup:

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Hey just remember that you wont get a warranty though.

Hence why there are guys like me who sell things brand new with warranty to stop you guys from being burnt :D

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Hey just remember that you wont get a warranty though.

Hence why there are guys like me who sell things brand new with warranty to stop you guys from being burnt :D

Thats true. But since it was only $25 i figured that if it shits itself, $25 is'nt much of a loss. And when it does chuck it in, i'll buy a new one from you Joe. ;)

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Cheers guys!

Yeah, I normally prefer to buy stuff brand new, but when you say 25 - 50 bucks as to 130 - 200 bucks, I'm happy to take the risk for now lol. :p My warranty method for second hand goods is asking him if it works perfectly or not, and telling him I'll make him eat it if it dosn't. :D

Thanks Joe, had a look at your site mate, some decent equipment on there, never seen square 6X9s before lol, mad. Unfortunately, your amps are a little out of my price range and much higher quality than I need. But cheers anyway.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
When an amp says its RMS power is 50x2 at 4 Ohms and 65x2 at 2 Ohms. What does that mean? What is Ohms?

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
Ohms are the unit of electrical impedance. A given speaker has a given impedance, which can be found on the spec sheet.

There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the basics of it.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Cheers guys!

Yeah, I normally prefer to buy stuff brand new, but when you say 25 - 50 bucks as to 130 - 200 bucks, I'm happy to take the risk for now lol. :p My warranty method for second hand goods is asking him if it works perfectly or not, and telling him I'll make him eat it if it dosn't. :D

Thanks Joe, had a look at your site mate, some decent equipment on there, never seen square 6X9s before lol, mad. Unfortunately, your amps are a little out of my price range and much higher quality than I need. But cheers anyway.

Yeah I simply don't sell low quality amplifiers. The cheapest 2 channel I have is $249 and its SPL Dynamics so you can trust it to perform and be reliable. The last thing my company needs is cheap amps that fail, would give me a bad rep.