Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best VZ workshop manual?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is no install on the workshop manaul.
Its downloads as a compress file. Then click or double click to open. Then you will see

What operating system you using?

Just looked at @Fu Manchu new download link. That may be the problem. It's not in a folder? I'll download & check it. Report back later, after l've downloaded, & checked the folder out.
View attachment 252529
Seems to be only 33KB.?
Yeah I saw that. That’s not right. Is like 3gig.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I haven’t posted the new link yet.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Report back later, after l've downloaded, & checked the folder out.
1st file size is 886 MB 2nd file is 1.8 GB
I downloaded the files. 1st time 14.8 MB. 2ND time same? Deleted both files & started again. TRhis time l stayed on the download link & walked away. Came back 2 hrs later. Check download folder, It had created 2 files. 1st file looked like it was going to like normal. Would open files ok the section of different models (vt - vz), wouldn't open any files after that. So l noticed if l unpack the files (decompress) the files would work ok? This time, some file you could open, but other you couldn't.

I will try @Fu Manchu new download file?

Last edited:

Cracker Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I downloaded the files. 1st time 14.8 MB. 2ND time same? Deleted both files & started again. TRhis time l stayed on the download link & walked away. Came back 2 hrs later. Check download folder, It had created 2 files. 1st file looked like it was going to like normal. Would open files ok the section of different models (vt - vz), wouldn't open any files after that. So l noticed if l unpack the files (decompress) the files would work ok? This time, some file you could open, but other you couldn't.

I will try @Fu Manchu new download file?
yeah I've downloaded the new folder but it compresses when it downloads as you say. once zipped folder is on desktop I "extract all" to decompress. Same deal as the beginning, I can open all sub folders and docs and view everything but the index / hyperlink system doesn't work so you cant find what your looking for.

also had the same thing as you that it downloads 2 slightly different folders for some reason.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
yeah I've downloaded the new folder but it compresses when it downloads as you say. once zipped folder is on desktop I "extract all" to decompress. Same deal as the beginning, I can open all sub folders and docs and view everything but the index / hyperlink system doesn't work so you cant find what your looking for.

also had the same thing as you that it downloads 2 slightly different folders for some reason.
I've started the download, went & checked & 2 folders again. One folder is 267 MB. The 2nd is still downloading.
I'll cancel the download.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm.

This has worked for years.

On three different macs it works ok.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I think I have a copy anyway, wanted to check if same. But it just says i don't have permission to view, and no signs of massive file attached. I guess it's what you are seeing too.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
What.
Hang on.