Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best VZ workshop manual?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Did you use the most recent link?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Well, I just upgraded my laptop to Windows 11. I had previously installed the VT/VZ manual on the laptop without any issues. The manual works perfectly on the laptop, and I noticed that I don't have Adobe Flash installed on the laptop at all. Therefore, as you have indicated, you have an Adobe Acrobat issue and it's probably due to the way Adobe Acrobat handles it's trust security.

1. You need to execute Adobe Acrobat Reader
2. On the top menu click on Edit -> Preferences
3. Select the Security (Enhanced) option as shown in the picture below.
4. Turn off Enhanced Security by unclicking/clicking the options as shown below.
5. Add the folder where you have installed the Workshop Manual to the trust sites as shown (my folder is shown).

My desktop and laptop had to have these protected mode changes in order to run the manual. Other forum members may have different/better methods to achieve the same objective, but it works for me.

1685518615218.png

If you use the Foxit PDF reader to run the manual you will get error messages similar to the one below for each document:

1685519896369.png

Last edited:

Cracker Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
The main problem I have is Adobe wont actually install therefore there is no way I can get into the program and change the trust security to resolve the next issue.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The main problem I have is Adobe wont actually install therefore there is no way I can get into the program and change the trust security to resolve the next issue.
What pc are you using?
What browser are you using?

Cracker Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
4 week old Dell with windows 11 and either bing or chrome

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 week old Dell with windows 11 and either bing or chrome
I have 13 yr old pc with win 10 64 bit os.
I have installed acrobat reader.
I think @BlackVXGTS supplied the link 6 months ago? Installed ok.

Try install reader again & if when it fails again, take a pic & post up here. Maybe someone can tell what is happening?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
You trying to install as administrater

Cracker Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
From what I understand adobe has an inbuilt clock. After X date it can no longer be installed. I have tried this many times already. There is nothing to take a screen shot of. It goes through the install process as you would expect. "Installs" says "complete" so you click done and it is just not installed. No message, alert or other indication that it has not installed. Try and open ANY form of PDF and Adobe is not avaible to be selected as a program to open PDF's. Search entire PC for Adobe and nothing is found. . .. . . . . . . its not installed

Yes I have tried other PDF readers. That manual is designed to function with Adobe. Now that Adobe is no longer supported then neither will the manual.

Delete your Adobe and have a try.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
From what I understand adobe has an inbuilt clock. After X date it can no longer be installed. I have tried this many times already. There is nothing to take a screen shot of. It goes through the install process as you would expect. "Installs" says "complete" so you click done and it is just not installed. No message, alert or other indication that it has not installed. Try and open ANY form of PDF and Adobe is not avaible to be selected as a program to open PDF's. Search entire PC for Adobe and nothing is found. . .. . . . . . . its not installed

Yes I have tried other PDF readers. That manual is designed to function with Adobe. Now that Adobe is no longer supported then neither will the manual.

Delete your Adobe and have a try.
I have used other pdf readers, previously.

Iám using the original file that @Fu Manchu posted a few yrs ago.

The new file, l can get to open, then somewhere around getting into models, or just past there, it wont open any further.

That file as originally designed to work on a GM network.