Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best way to spend MACE voucher

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Put it towards a CAI , a good bang for your buck modification

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Going to go for a tune, its an auto so it will help to just refine everything.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Going to go for a tune, its an auto so it will help to just refine everything.

Good move , man they are also a good investment , they do go well if you get a 69mm throttle first though and the tune to suit

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Good move , man they are also a good investment , they do go well if you get a 69mm throttle first though and the tune to suit
Don't really have lots of $$$ to go spending on my car at the moment. How much more would i be getting out of it by getting the 69mm TB with the tune and what sort of difference would i feel?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't really have lots of $$$ to go spending on my car at the moment. How much more would i be getting out of it by getting the 69mm TB with the tune and what sort of difference would i feel?

The tune helps out the throttle body as without it the transmission plays up , it's not a mind blowing difference but certainly noticeable

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Might just go for the tune. Thanks for the advice mate

venerableChicken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
For the money, I recon the tune is great. Just put one in my vt wagon, a little more power everywhere, the shifts are a little bit better, and there is a noticeable increase in economy under the same driving conditions (10-15%, but haven't done enough to calculate for sure yet). As I tow some large loads with my car, I am stoked with the improvements as it makes the car tow so much easier

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
For the money, I recon the tune is great. Just put one in my vt wagon, a little more power everywhere, the shifts are a little bit better, and there is a noticeable increase in economy under the same driving conditions (10-15%, but haven't done enough to calculate for sure yet). As I tow some large loads with my car, I am stoked with the improvements as it makes the car tow so much easier

That's really good :) as I use my ute for towing a lot (horse floats), have increased payload for the rear suspension as well. But also love to go for a good drive and like having some good grunt when I put my foot down.