Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best workshop manual for electrical diagrams?

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
Hi All,

Was wondering if any of you could recommend a workshop manual with good circuit diagrams.

I have a VS SII that I am busy bringing back to life. The new motor is an L67. I gotta wait till I have some more money for a decent exhaust system and a few other upgrades but the basics are there.

I do need a manual that will cover the circuit diagrams for both the VS exec and the Statesman though... to help me bring other good bits over in the swap.

Anybody got the low-down?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I have 3 - Haynes Number 41742 is very basic with poor circuit diagrams...Ellerys EP.CLRS is really all over the place with poor circuit diagrams as well plus they cannot spell...Gregorys Nunber 268 is the best of the bunch with reasonable wiring diagrams and covers the Statesman. As with all wiring diagrams, you need to study them closely to get the hang of how they work and where one diagram ties in with the next...but rocket science it ain't.
Have fun and Good Luck.

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
Thanks for that, I'll go looking tomorrow. I want this finished earlier than later
Cheers,
Dan

vs commo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
the haynes manuals have better diagrams and more useful info

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have a VSV6 gregorys workshop manual (no 268) and a haynes manual (no 41742),the wiring diagrams in the haynes manuals are rubbish compared to the gregorys manuals.The haynes manual is for VN to VS V6 and V8 , and some of the pictures they have in it are straight from the gregorys VR- VS manuals.Just shows how cheap the haynes company is.

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
Hey, bought the Gregory's. It's got all I need in it, cheers. Got it from Supercheap for 42.99, while it's on eBay right now for 60!