Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody concreter

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Sorry Reaper but i read that 3 times and i still dont understand what you mean:bang:

Meaning pretty much the buck starts and stops with the builder who in this case is probably you. (not good I know but thats how it works). Sorry - should have put it a bit better.

Reaper

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
He has been called many times and says he will come and look at it but doesnt come around,the level is shot and water pools every where.The color was added when it was wet and he told us it would even out when it dried but it didnt.We had him inlay flat bluestone pieces and they are lower than the slab and they pool water too.he put a clear sealer on the slab also and that is coming off every where too.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Meaning pretty much the buck starts and stops with the builder who in this case is probably you. (not good I know but thats how it works). Sorry - should have put it a bit better.

Reaper

But at the end of the day we payed him to do a job and its substandard.Its not like we had it dome while we were building(is that what you mean)?I dont know if you remember my house but it is the continuation of the garage from the rear door.We had paving there but we wanted something better,and bigger.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
But at the end of the day we payed him to do a job and its substandard.Its not like we had it dome while we were building(is that what you mean)?I dont know if you remember my house but it is the continuation of the garage from the rear door.We had paving there but we wanted something better,and bigger.

I know I've been there but sorry I can't remember the details (I site measure around 25 - 30 homes per week for extensions etc etc) and didn't pay much attention to the concrete. You may have some recourse thru the courts but I don't like your chances. The builder usually ends up carrying the can once money is paid out. It may also depend on the exact scope of work that the guy did.

Reaper

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Ive got some good contacts with the court system as my sister is 2ic at Broady ct although she is at Melbourne atm.I also do work for the head magistrate at Broady too.Its earlydays and im just getting some ideas on what to do and what my rights are.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Hows the weather been lately? Wet, dry, wet, dry, hot, wet, dry, hot? Could have alot to do with it.

doesnt matter... even if the slab had water pockets in it thats the creters fault for laying it wet and not venting it.

All i can suggest is take LOTS and LOTS of photos!

aZk.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Hows the weather been lately? Wet, dry, wet, dry, hot, wet, dry, hot? Could have alot to do with it.

Not very wet winter and no real heat lately.Its only been there for 5 and a half monthe and we have been chasing him for the last 2 months.It is up against two walls

Attachments

• my crack.jpg
    my crack.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 208

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
great name for the photo :p.... hahahahahaha

aZk.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
From waht i hear he should have sawn some control lines so the slab so if it moved it had somewhere to go.All he has done is some cosmetic lines as you would see in the foot paths.