Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody concreter

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Why take it that far? I can understand your ****ed off about it cracking but whats going to court over it going to do?

You say you've used him b4 and he did a good job, yet you bring him back and it doesnt go to plan and now its court time...

Australia today, america tomorrow...

So if somebody say painted you car and you noticed blemishes coming up within a few months you would just take it on the chin?I very much doubt it.

Oh and if it was America i would have shot him by now,but because i live in Australia i would like to do things the right way.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
I had a 5m x 3m slab with a path to the clothes line poured about 4 yrs ago. The only crack I got was were the path joins the slab, along the stress join where it should crack if its going to. Other than that haven't had a problem with it.

With the cracks happening to house slabs I don't know why anyone builds with them. You can use adjustable stumps. If the house moves with weather changes all you have to do is climb under the house with a spanner and adjust the stump.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
if u can, follow him around when he does quotes and show the ppl the photos of his work

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
So if somebody say painted you car and you noticed blemishes coming up within a few months you would just take it on the chin?I very much doubt it.

Oh yeah 4 sure but your missing my point,

As I said I can see where your coming from... not everything has to be taken to court. I've always been taught not to burn bridges unless the other side is on fire, also WTF is it with everyone saying go straight to small claims court, what ever happened with sorting it out face to face?

Think of this as a lesson learned, next time you'll keep an eye out for these things.

If someone painted my car and I found a dry spot 4 months down the track, I should have looked over it better when I picked the car up, cant go back and say there’s a dry spot on the door, fix it. I would be surprised if they did, i wouldnt if someone came back and told me to repaint it 4 months later.

Oh and if it was America i would have shot him by now,but because i live in Australia i would like to do things the right way.

Yeah ya see thats why most amercians are knob heads

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Oh yeah 4 sure but your missing my point,

As I said I can see where your coming from... not everything has to be taken to court. I've always been taught not to burn bridges unless the other side is on fire, also WTF is it with everyone saying go straight to small claims court, what ever happened with sorting it out face to face?

Think of this as a lesson learned, next time you'll keep an eye out for these things.

If someone painted my car and I found a dry spot 4 months down the track, I should have looked over it better when I picked the car up, cant go back and say there’s a dry spot on the door, fix it. I would be surprised if they did, i wouldnt if someone came back and told me to repaint it 4 months later.

Yeah ya see thats why most amercians are knob heads

we have tried to get this sorted face to face but he doesnt have the balls to do so.We were never happy from the start and he knew it,even before the cracks.That was the icing on the cake.The color never evened out and we found it had many pools of water when wet.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Have you considered getting a brick saw and cutting a groove to try and break the the slab up so it isnt so big?

why should he have to fix a **** up with another **** up?

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
the crack against brickwork isnt anything to freak about. that would have happened as soon as the slab dried, and shrunk a fraction. his still wrong by not using an expansion joint.

none of those cracks would be classed as a defect, but u still have a leg to stand on as to why he didnt use control joints.

if u dont get any futher with him, grab urself a 9 1/4 inch masonary grinder and do ur best to follow the main crack, then fill with concrete gray sikaflex. continue the joint from end to end of slab to act as the only control joint. it will look like arse but should stop any futher major stress fractures.

the colour match and fall of slab are just plain dodgy for a professional.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
the crack against brickwork isnt anything to freak about. that would have happened as soon as the slab dried, and shrunk a fraction. his still wrong by not using an expansion joint.

none of those cracks would be classed as a defect, but u still have a leg to stand on as to why he didnt use control joints.

if u dont get any futher with him, grab urself a 9 1/4 inch masonary grinder and do ur best to follow the main crack, then fill with concrete gray sikaflex. continue the joint from end to end of slab to act as the only control joint. it will look like arse but should stop any futher major stress fractures.

the colour match and fall of slab are just plain dodgy for a professional.

Thanks for the comments Slappa,the photo against the wall was just to show there was no foam,not worried about the crack along the wall.
Weather we get any luck from him or not its coming up and will be replaced.As said before if he doesnt come over soon to sort it out,it will be up his diveway.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
Weather we get any luck from him or not its coming up and will be replaced.As said before if he doesnt come over soon to sort it out,it will be up his diveway.

be good to see a vid of the broken concrete been dumped in his driveway :rofl: