Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody concreter

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
If the weather has been stable, I reckon the compaction wasn't done properly, together with a rubbish concrete mix.

The location of the crack isn't near any typical stress concentration or abutment locations like the corners.

Remember, the crack will follow the contour of max tensile stress, and since its running diagonally, either side is subsiding enough to exceed the concrete strength.

If its a crap mix, then it wont take much at all.

I reckon its hard to prove who is at fault here, unless you want to be anal about it and get the concrete tested for its UCS (Uniaxial Compressive Strength) and Young's Modulus (stiffness).

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
why should he have to fix a **** up with another **** up?
Putting an expansion joint (little foam strip) is hardly a fugg up mate. It allows for movement (which there seems to be plenty of) and prevents cracking. Ever seen that strip that goes around a stairwell inside a 2 storey house? Same deal...

My 2 previous questions have either been missed or ignored. If it is the latter, I'd guess that the answers are no thus proving that Adam doesn't have a leg to stand on. If it is the former.. I take back my last sentance.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Did he offer a warrenty? Did he use a whacker packer?

Have you considered getting a brick saw and cutting a groove to try and break the the slab up so it isnt so big?

Sorry Troy missed it.

Warranty was not discussed and un unsure if it was packed as i wasnt living there full time at that time(long story).
No i havnt considered using a bricksaw to relieve some pressure on the slab.

As ive said earlier we had used him before without an issue and suprised and upset at what has been done(or not done).
The missue has had enough of it and when she gets back from NZ im pretty sure heads are giong to roll(glad its not me for once).