Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody iac valve

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Type properly and use a normal sentence structure and you'll get heaps more replies. I gave up trying to understand your post as did lots of people it would seem.

mate my problem is so clear i dont know why ur not getting it. the problem is(AGAIN IN ENGLISH) whenever i dis the plug from the IAC VALVE the idle speed remain the ####en same no change in the idle even if i turned on all the acc or the air condition the idle speed still catch up.

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
accentstencil has got it right, again. The info below is a direct copy/paste from the gmh manual. I did not do a photo as it's a line drawing.
VACUUM TANK
The vacuum tank is located on the left side of the HVAC unit and is secured with two self tapping screws.This tank is used to maintain a vacuum to the vacuum actuators (which operate the different vent positions) during driving situations where the vacuum source is low such as full engine throttle. A one way valve is located in the vacuum source line from the inlet manifold.

thanks for this information buddy as some other guys were telling me its under the ####en air box.... anyway there is noway in hell i can reach this area unless i pull apart the dash but here is a little question mate bout something i noticed yesterday and i don't know if its normal or not,,, yesterday i was just trying change between the air flow direction like feet and face and ECT.... i can hear air sound whenever i try to switch between them that's when the car is off not running. any advice will be appreciated.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
mate my problem is so clear i dont know why ur not getting it. the problem is(AGAIN IN ENGLISH) whenever i dis the plug from the IAC VALVE the idle speed remain the ####en same no change in the idle even if i turned on all the acc or the air condition the idle speed still catch up.

Uh, so there is no change in the idle speed when devices are turned on or it catches up? Cause you are saying both...

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Uh, so there is no change in the idle speed when devices are turned on or it catches up? Cause you are saying both...

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll................

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
yeah man yeah man there is no ####en change in the idle speed upon dis the plug from the iac valve while car is running.
god bless me....

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais

Do you not understand Coast Calais?, he is saying it "AGAIN IN ENGLISH". Rocket the way you type, you sound like your mindset is too childish to be on the road, you probably don't understand what i have written anyway as i haven't added enough ????????????????????????????? or !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for you or better yet enough

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll................

go away grow up, learn to type/spell also while your at it learn how to structure and sentence, and maybe, just maybe you will get somewhere in life

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
If you can hear air/sucking sounds in the cabin, you have a split, broken vac hose or one of the vac hoses is off. From what I can make out, the vacuum reservoir is just behind the glovebox, has 2 hoses attached to it and is not hard to get to, right where someones big foot may be able to reach. From memory, the glove box pretty much lifts out of its mounting and you should be able to see the vacuum reservoir. And it would be better if you do not use too many abbreviations as it can make your point hard to get.

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
If you can hear air/sucking sounds in the cabin, you have a split, broken vac hose or one of the vac hoses is off. From what I can make out, the vacuum reservoir is just behind the glovebox, has 2 hoses attached to it and is not hard to get to, right where someones big foot may be able to reach. From memory, the glove box pretty much lifts out of its mounting and you should be able to see the vacuum reservoir. And it would be better if you do not use too many abbreviations as it can make your point hard to get.
thanks mate....... in my case is the problem from the vacuum reservoir hoses or is it from behind the climate control?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
thanks for this information buddy as some other guys were telling me its under the ####en air box.... anyway there is noway in hell i can reach this area unless i pull apart the dash but here is a little question mate bout something i noticed yesterday and i don't know if its normal or not,,, yesterday i was just trying change between the air flow direction like feet and face and ECT.... i can hear air sound whenever i try to switch between them that's when the car is off not running. any advice will be appreciated.

That means that the vacuum tank is ok and not leaking. That is what the vacuum tank does, it stores the vacuum for use when the engine is not producing much. It is normal to hear a short hiss when changing the vent positions.

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
this thread is full of **** and crap every #### has a different story thanks anyway.....