Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blow off vavle help.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
yeah its normal for it to do it sort of, if its not strong enough anyway. with charger off it will prob collapse and suck shut when you accelerate. could prob get a 180deg aluminium pipe from supercheap or something and cut it to fit, and just have 2 little hose joiners instead of that big black one, that would stop it.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Sorry - blow-off valves are illegal for road going vehicles. As they affect the emission control they are contravening the ADR's.
Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

Reaction score
Members Ride
the blow off valve is the least of his problems, he's just fitted a supercharger lol.

N

NickVX2

blow off valves aren't illegal for road going cars, many stock turbo cars have blow off valves. the only effect it might have on emissions is either a) if its venting into your air intake, or b) the fact that you've added forced induction to your car - which if not approved by an engineer is deemed illegal, but who cares!

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got it all running, but theres a really loud screeching sound, could be the belt but not 100% sure, anyone else had this problem, and how did you overcome it?

bugger, ya getting the sh*t's yet lol.

no much esle it could be is there? if belts out of line or real bad or too loose it would screech like any other belt i guess. if ya wet the belt that might tell ya if it is the belt or not, should stop screeching till it dries out again.(thats how i check em anyway)

Tuff-VP-Wagzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VP wagon - http://forums.justcommodores.com
heres a short vid on wats going on, dun worry about the belt and that hose ther just temporary chaged to a smaller belt to see if that was problem. but it looks like that small pulley ( the one u loosen and lift to put your belt in) moves up and down and makes the screeching noise, and should the supercharger be that loud ( before it starts screeching) anyway to quiet the thing down its crazzzy loud

View My Video

Have a geeeza