Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blown radiator

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Hi my radiator is leaking from the plastic side tank, sre these repairable or is it a new radiator job? Need to know asap

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
It's sorted out, they aren't worth fixing, bought new radiator. Mods please close thread.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
did you buy another plastic one? or do it properly and get an alloy one.

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
Hey guys, might be in need of a new one for my VT, can you give me an idea of what i can expect to pay?? cheers.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
The cheap alloy ones are crap also a good quality plastic one is fine

who said anything about a cheap one???
i was more on the lines like PWR and so on.

"Good quality plastic one is fine" so your first rad broke from plastic end tanks.... so what ya do, go get another one... keep it up buddy. someone has to keep the world going around.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
The cheap alloy ones are crap also a good quality plastic one is fine

Have you ran one these? My cheap one is fine. I had it next to a pwr one and for the $700 price difference, there aint a lot of improvement with the PWR one.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Have you ran one these? My cheap one is fine. I had it next to a pwr one and for the $700 price difference, there aint a lot of improvement with the PWR one.

what brand alloy one did you buy and where from??? how much $$$ was it?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged

No i have not run a alloy one, but when mine split i looked into my options and spoke to several people (performance places and just rad supplyers) and they all said the cheap alloy ones where not that good and one place said they had seen them fail with a small head gasket leak.

I also wanted the heavy duty one thats 26mm over the standard 16mm (or there abouts) and i also was told they are crap and not to expect anymore than 2 or 3 years from them.

Yes the good quality alloy ones are good but you pay to much for them, a good plastic one will set you back less than $250 just for the rad its self and seeing you pay $800plus for a alloy one its just not worth it in my book

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
And the cheap alloy ones i saw where not a direct replacement, i would have had to modify the mounting of the fans which i did not want to do