Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LED Dash Conversion

lockmac

Reaction score
hey mate i cut the globe holder off with pliers... and the interior lights stopped working. is that what you meant by not using the globe holder? god i hope so lol

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
ah yer with that lol ur supposed 2 turn the light off wen u do that i think uve just either blown the interior fuse or the interior globe coz it has constant power in those wires if ya doors r open and ur keys rnt in the ignition it does stay on just check them couple of things after uve put the LED in place. um wat ur doin is right its just coz there was power running through it while u cut it its shorted out its better 2 hard wire it neways sorry mate

lockmac

Reaction score
haha trust that to happen to me... ill check the fuse and might pick up a new one today. thanks heaps for ya help ill see how i go!

Andy68

2001 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 WH Statesman
mine is done with a combination of 5mm 10,000mcd leds with a 180 dgree viewing prism, and blue T5 wedge blue globes courtesy of ebay....I even went as far as pulling my stereo apart and replacing the green leds with blue ones...the blue Wedge T5's are great for the indicators and such...just push in and away ya go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
put up some pics of ya dash so every1 can see how it came out ;)

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I have only done the needles themselves in red.

Haven't heard of anyone in here doing there whole fascia in red as yet.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Red looks good hardest 1 u'll find 2 do is the heater control if u dont get the green film off it'll b almost a browny colour (coz red doesnt shine through the green well) but the cluster comes up a treat thats easy 2 change (also by taking the green film off) theres a guy that used red globe covers on his car that was on b4 the site went down havent seen him since but looked ok just looked very dull still. make sure u use some other colours 2 break up the red u'll find all red gets 2 much after a while, try red with white needles and mayb change the revs on the tachco thats normally read say a yellow or somthing same with the fuel full line and hot temp line.

super_6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Executive S2
i got all the gear to do it yesterday, just waiting on a white dial facia off ebay then ill post some pics when im done. hope the red leds dont look pink againts the white facia. good idea on breaking the colours up ill see what else jaycar has in stock