Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bogan question - VT burnouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Vt_vic, no idea mate, I've got no traction control light that shows up or anything, and not sure how to check.

Cheers Soop, may try that.
Seemed to produce some smoke when I made my last attempt, however it honestly didn't sound like the tyres would be spinning enough to generate it, so wasn't sure if it was something else.
Couldn't smell anything though.

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Worse comes to worse, just rest ur bumper gently against a wall and then do it with no brakes haha might wanna put like a coupla rags between wall and car hahaha

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Man... I come out of the car wash yesterday, traction control was on and it still spun up and went sideways before traction control kicked in. That wasn't even half way to the floor and only slowly accelerating.

I still don't plan to do any "burn outs" but thats twice now shes spun without meaning to. Fair enough that time the wheels were a little wet from being washed but another time she just spun on take off because I was on concrete.

I cant afford to fix anything if I screw it so I'd rather not take any chances with my box or diff.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Yeah, not that desperate to drop a skid.
Was more curious as to what the deal is why it wouldn't light up.
My old skyline used to light up so much easier, just had to kick the clutch and out she went.
Prob just not used to a heavier car, especially seeing I had a ZX10R for 3yrs as my only form of transport before this thing. That thing could even do 6th gear rollers :p

I honestly think there's something up with the car, and it's lacking the power a 5L should have.

I'd love to catch up with someone who's got a 5L VT just to see how different it feels power wise to mine because I really have to stomp on it... hard. to get it to spin up (a little) when turning, let alone straight.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Give it a good service.
I mean a good one, plugs, leads, filters, 02 sensor's.

Also the auto might be a bit sad too.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
Worse comes to worse, just rest ur bumper gently against a wall and then do it with no brakes haha might wanna put like a coupla rags between wall and car hahaha

lol...........

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Might be ur fuel pump ay my mate as same problem ay was hard to do skids and even like u said kick out around corner or even normal driving, my mate in his v6 could keep up with him lol and same thing, vt 5lt auto

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Actually I havent changed out the fuel pump since I got the car, so might be worth a look. The car's done big kms so it may the issue.
How hard is it to change out one of those and would I just get a standard GMH fuel pump or an aftermarket one ?

I have the same issues. V6s keep up with me (aka. beat me) easy. I had an 80's model shitbox magna stay right on my ass yesterday leaving the lights, my foot wasn't flat but it was a fair way down. That just isn't right :/

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yer man id change fuel pump. Not too hard, drop ur fuel lines at the tank then undo 3 straps under the tank then drop it then unscrew the whole assembly and change the pump

Status
Not open for further replies.