Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Leak

B

bizzo

I have a 94 vr commodore and the boot leaks, i am worry because i don't won't my amp and subs to blowing up, and i can't find where the water is coming from ?

has anyone else has this problem?

D

death-from-above

Yeah mate I have water in the right hand side, it sits just in the little channel where the floor meets the rear 1/4 panel, i havnt had a good investigation but i think it could be coming through the tail light

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
i remember hearing somthing about the rear quarter window seals apparently they develop leaks that run into the boot.

but dont quote me.

G

grover

yeah,apparently the rear 1/4 windows werent sealed properly when the cars were built.the drain plugs in the boot were missing when i got my vr so i guess mine must leak too.

C

cowcop

It seems like they all have the same problem, and I am still investigating where its leaking but thanks for the tip about the rear quarter window

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
you can always try hiding in the boot with a torch while a friend pours water all over it. i have also heard of the rear 1/4 window leak.

stheggie

Reaction score
I just pulled the "drain plug" out of the boot in my VS,
now she is as dry as a chip :)

But of course, this doesnt fix the leak... just lets the water run back out :)

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
apparently the boot leak was fixed in series 2 of the VS....but i have another boot leak problem....it doesnt actually go into the boot itself it goes right were it should and its creating rust in the back left of the car (only surface) under the boot inbetween the seal and the tail light....anyone know how i can fix this before it becomes too much of a problem

stheggie

Reaction score
Grantis1976 - Was the comment made to me?
If it was, i am used to it.. doesnt bother me one bit mate :)

Seeya! :)