Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Leak

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
nah gobbles the boot leaks in the series 2 aswell! haha..... at least mine does.
garth

S

sikvs

i got a series 2 and it leaks... the other day my amp was wet :eek: now that cant be good, where can u get it fixed? just a car windscreen place?

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
I found that the door on the fuel cap has a gasket behind the hinge, which can allow water to get into the boot, I filled my with a bit of silicon and all is sweet.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
from another post....

water leaks?? .... where do I start?

cabin floor???
#check that the rubber grommets in the floor have not come out...serious!
have a squiz underneath (mine were not fitted in the factory!!!)
#check that the foam in the bottom of the tray of the A/C has not blocked the outlet (the styrene crumbles and blocks it)
# check the rear door lower external seal has not torn
#check the door alignment...hinges or locks or door needs adjusting
#check the front window seals have not disappeared into the door shells
#check the moulded door deal rubber next to the mirrors has not crumbled or twisted outta shape
#front screen seals (the glue gives way and lets water in)-seal with silicone
#rear screen seal (ditto the front)
# the foam seals on the air inlet in the plenum for the HVAC have not crumbled or been dislodged
# the screen that keeps leaves&crap outta the plenum is not blocked

and
the rear?
# the rear windscreen seal..re-seal with silicone or remove & re-glue
#stoplight panel holes..the 3 little grommets crumble
#stoplight wiring hole in panel..the body seal grommets is dislodged or has crumbled
#boot lid...garnish between lights lets in water
#boot lid..extra lights lets in water
#boot lid...the bloody HOLDEN badge lets in water!
#boot floor..not sealed for towbar
#boot sides..air flow flaps let in water (check in spare wheel well)
#spare wheel well bottom seal..damaged or missing
#boot floor... the boot/boot lid seal is torn or is outta place
# boot floor...the fuel filler surround seal has gone hard and crumbled (spray area with underbody sealer to fix or replace)
#boot floor (and spare wheel well)..the 3rd or C pillar window sealer has compressed or crumbled...remove and re-seal window with silicone
#the boot lid is loose or misadjusted..adjust so gaps disappear & boot shuts proper...

and yes
I have done all of these on the wifes VR Berlina...it does not leak any more...

cheers

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
garfa said:
nah gobbles the boot leaks in the series 2 aswell! haha..... at least mine does.
garth

i'd have to agree there, i got a 97 series 2 and my right quarter window has a slight leak. Very common in the VR and VS. i had a mate get his VS leak fixed for around $100 but that included cutting out rust behind the window, bogg, and resealing it.

Cheers, Jon Z

C

cizocizo

gotta hate that leaking boot!!!
ive got the same thing, most peope say its the dodgy holden seals around the 1/4 or tail lights

i juts siliconed the 4 opening inside the lid of the boot and that good enough for me, although the water is stll in there :)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
It probably is in the fixed windows behind the back door.You have to take the interior trim and back seat out and parcel tray and undo the 5 or 6 plastic nuts and it will come out.
Then run a bead of windscreen sealer on the rubber seal surface and it will fix it .
Don't use silicone as you won't get it out again without ruining it...windscreen sealer stays soft.

NHS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
my vr has a boot leak, i did the hose technique to check where the water was coming from and it turned out that water was coming in from the top of the right-side taillight.

haven't bother to fix it yet... if it rains i just take the subs out of the boot, im in melbourne so there is a lot of lifting :D

freddy69er

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR calais
death-from-above said:
Yeah mate I have water in the right hand side, it sits just in the little channel where the floor meets the rear 1/4 panel, i havnt had a good investigation but i think it could be coming through the tail light
right on my vn leaked and so did vr the water runs around the boot channel and into the tail lights try some clear silicon on the top of the lights

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
just a thought, my car somehow gets water stuck in the boot lid and when u lift the boot up to high water comes out of the drivers side corner. any thoughts?